Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Gtp Toyota Kit Coming Soon

Just talked with Mark from MS Hobbies. The Toyota Eagle MkIII will be coming out in the next couple of months. I've seen the mockup at last year's NNL West and it looks really good. He is taking preorders. This kit will definitely go fast. He has Dan Gurney's backing for doing this kit. It's going to be 1/24 scale resin curbside kit. You can contact Mark with questions at his site. There's a picture of the built up kit on the site. This is exciting news for sports car fans. One of my all time favorite cars.

http://www.mshobbies.com/servlet/StoreFront

Edited by Brendan

Glad to hear it's coming soon! I did the layout drawings for the master a couple years ago for Mark. Got it as close as I could based on photos and dimensions; and then this past spring I saw the real car at Road Atlanta...sure wish I had been able to access the car in this manner before I did the drawings. I think I got it pretty close, nonetheless :huh:

Glad to hear it's coming soon! I did the layout drawings for the master a couple years ago for Mark. Got it as close as I could based on photos and dimensions; and then this past spring I saw the real car at Road Atlanta...sure wish I had been able to access the car in this manner before I did the drawings. I think I got it pretty close, nonetheless :lol:

From what I've seen of the kit, it's pretty spot on. I used to love watching this car race at Laguna Seca. Small little four cylinder truck motor with a turbo on it. It would beat everybody with twin turbo V-8's and V-12's. The only issue that I heard of on the kit was they had to redo the back end. Gurney's team wanted the vents on the back redone. And I think that's what held them up. I have two kits on order for me.

Figures the rear vents were a problem area; I had only vague reference for them when I drew them. I knew when I saw them at this year that I hadn't seen them properly in all the other photos. Glad it got resolved on the master. Looking forward to seeing this; I remember seeing these cars dominate back when they ran. Amazing how these 4 cylinder cars were bulletproof and amazingly fast.