I just signed up here, and Id like to say you guys have an amazing forum here.
I just got back into models here in the past month.
So for this build I'm currently working on, i'm going to try to make it my best model to date.
Here's some pics of the model.
I just started doing body work today.
Heres pics of the body and hood.
Here's the steps I did for the body.
1. Removed any parts that need to be removed.
2. Sanded (lightly) with 220 grit under running water.
just over the major flaws and mold lines in the plastic.
3. Lightly sanded it with #0000 steel wool under water.
4. Washed it down with soap and water.
5. air dried it. And cleaned it with a microfiber cloth
6. Primed it with Tamiya white primer (2 coats) 3 for hood because it was needed.
7. Currently waiting to move forward with the color coat, which I will be using Tamiya light green ts-22
Also on the hood, it had molded hood pins on it. Which I lightly wet sanded off with 220 grit.
Because i will be using detail master hood pins.
If you look closely you can barely see the circle from them here.
Hood is also fully primed.
Byron5150Member Since 17 Oct 2012
Offline Last Active Dec 27 2013 10:46 AM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 41
- Profile Views 668
- Member Title MCM Regular
- Age 21 years old
- Birthday May 11, 1992
new haven, In
Are You Human?
Scale I Build
- Yahoo firstname.lastname@example.org