Jump to content


Member Since 14 Nov 2009
Offline Last Active Yesterday, 02:27 PM

Posts I've Made

In Topic: 1968 Dodge Charger R/T

28 October 2014 - 02:07 PM

Thanks guys for following!

I will be following as well. Also if you have decal problems I still have decals leftover from this kit there not in full but yea.

Thanks for the offer of the decals Byron.  I doubt I'll need them, but it's good to have a back if I do.


I'll be following, Mike.  Do we get a story with this one?

Sorry John.  No story with this build, but I do appreciate your interest in my stories.  I am currently working on a story for a New Hampshire State Police Dodge Charger, but that may not come around until next year.

Brandon, don't give away the plot!  :o   Actually, there is no Vanishing Point story in the works.  Sorry!

In Topic: 1969 Mercury Cougar 428 SCJ

26 October 2014 - 01:59 AM

I know how you feel Carl!  It is time for the Cougar to get off the bench, but the enamel paint takes sooo long to cure and I don't really want to touch it until it has had significant time to harden..

In Topic: 1969 Mercury Cougar 428 SCJ

24 October 2014 - 10:44 AM

Thanks Brandon and Carl!  Brandon, good luck on your new projects!  I've built both kits.


After a bit of light polishing, I applied another coat of Testors #1628 Competition Orange.




I want to get this model off the bench and soon!  I just need the time to work on it!


More to come...

In Topic: 1966 Hurst Hemi Under Glass

24 October 2014 - 10:30 AM

Thanks guys!  I originally thought that this was a '65 Barracuda, but further research showed me that I was wrong.  It is a '66.


Another disaster!  I had applied decals and carefully clearcoated the body with Testors Ultragloss Clearcoat after an hour or so, I glued in the rear glass and used a pair of clothespins to hold the glass while the clear parts cement dried.  I removed the clothespins later in the day and it removed the clear and the black enamel down to the gold enamel underneath.  I sanded the spots smooth and masked the body to repaint the black enamel on the roof.


Here's the body with the masking removed.  Looks pretty good to me.  Disaster averted.


I painted the wheelie stand with Tamiya TS-6 Matt Black.



Almost finished.  More to come...

In Topic: Complete AMT '71 Duster 340 4-bbl. engine

23 October 2014 - 02:10 PM

Sorry.  Those got used on other projects.