Jump to content


Member Since 27 Dec 2010
Offline Last Active Yesterday, 07:39 PM

Topics I've Started

Shirley Shahan 1968 Dodge

08 November 2014 - 12:20 PM

I've been sitting on the Slixx decals for some time now, finally got around to applying some paint to the Revell '68 Dart kit, here's how it looks fresh from the paint booth, just a little touch up required...Paint is Tamiya Pure White and Racing Blue





Zakspeed Ford capri

03 November 2014 - 08:33 PM

Tamiya kit, Tamiya rattle can Gloss Black, kit decals printed by Cartograph.  This is an old, formerly motorised kit that was re-issued about six years ago.  The one-piece body is beautifully molded and the kit goes together well but is rather simplified.  However, it looks stunning with the multicoloured paint scheme. I added some masking tape seatbelts for a bit of detail.  The real cars produced a whopping 375hp from only 91 cubes, that's over 4hp per cubic inch!









Ford Capri - Zakspeed

18 October 2014 - 05:39 PM

Tamiya kit, re-issued about 7 years ago with Cartograph decals.  Being an older kit, not much detail underneath but offset by this beautiful one-piece body moulding.  For the first time ever, I didn't use primer and sprayed Tamiya Gloss Black straight onto the bare body.  A mist coat followed by two wet coats produced this finish, no sanding necessary other than a couple of dust bunnies after the first wet coat :blink: (another first LOL).  Many hours of decalling later I have reached this stage....for some reason it took about 5 minutes in the water before the decals would slide off the sheet :huh:






1990 Mustang

07 October 2014 - 07:51 AM

Here is my OOB build of the recent Revell kit, all paint is by Tamiya, with a few aftermarket decals and black BMF trim.



1961 Oldsmobile Wagon - built up rescue

20 September 2014 - 08:30 PM

I bought this as a built up off ebay.  Only had three wheels/tyres, so I tried out some Pegasus Astros and liked what I saw:




The rebuild involved Tamiya Gloss Aluminium and Light Gunmetal covered in clear red, with a maroon interior.  The door handles were shaved, I had to fabricate a new windscreen and borrow a steering wheel from the parts box.  Add some BMF and this is how she looks now: