I picked up this resin kit last November from a guy named Roger Bartholomew from CA on EBAY. While it is an unusual 50's car to find a model of, the kit was sort of a bear to get together due to less than perfect casting.
The body and interior were OK but final assembly was difficult due to;
1)- Poor fit of the dashboard to the cowl after installing the vacu-formed glass. It required a lot of sanding and trial fitting.
2)- The thickness of the bottom of the resin interior bucket and the thickness of the top side of the chassis prevented the chassis from seating properly with the interior in the body. Both required A LOT of
grinding with a Dremel and repeated trial and error fitting to get everything to go together properly.
I was originally so frustrated with the ill-fitting parts that the unassembled car sat in a box on my shelf for about 8 months. Today I was determined to "beat it into submission" and finally won the battle.
The kit did not come with wheels and tires. I wound up using tires from my parts stash along with '53 Ford hubcaps which closely matched Googled reference pictures of '54 Dodge's hubcaps. The wheels are mounted on brass rods run through the chassis's molded in mounting points. The bumpers and grille came chrome plated. The deck for the continental spare was molded to the body and I added a chrome tire cover and panels from Modelhaus.
The car is painted with Duplicolor Gray Primer with a clearcoat and the trim is BMF. I imagined that a '54 Dodge would be a rather plain-Jane car which might have been owned by an older person. The chrome tire cover was used to give the car just a touch of bling. I installed clear headlight lenses, a mirror, and a wire antenna. The taillights are Tamiya clear Red paint.
The interior consisted of the bucket with rear seat molded in, separate front seat, dashboard and steering wheel. I painted the dash body color and detailed it with gauges, chrome silver paint and BMF. The steering wheel is painted Black with a chrome horn ring from a used up ballpoint pen. The carpet is flocked Black and the seats and door panels are flocked Gray with Flat Black panels. The convertible boot cover is painted flat Black with PE bits for snaps and really wouldn't sit down right on the tulip panel of the car..
Overall it's really not a bad looking car and makes an unusual but cool addition to my '50's car collection. The fact that it only cost me $26 makes the building troubles all the more bearable.
Thanks for looking in on this. As usual all comments are welcomed.