Jump to content


vintagestang

Member Since 26 Dec 2011
Offline Last Active Sep 12 2014 04:17 PM
-----

Posts I've Made

In Topic: Newbie from Puerto Rico

09 September 2014 - 05:00 PM

¡Bienvenido el foro! 


In Topic: 1967 Ford Mustang GT Update..............9/28/14

13 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

It's been a slow couple weeks for me building wise for me. Between work (10+ hour days) and just life getting in the way, some days it's hard to just have an hour or two just to build.

 

Anyway, much of the past time has been spent working on the engine------namely the carburetor. As I mentioned in a previous post, I wanted something more that just that plain looking block of carb sitting on top of the engine. While it's true that there will be an air cleaner covering up the engine, there's something to be said for that "gotcha factor" when the air cleaner is off and, one can see a fairly detailed carb sitting there on the engine.

 

So here's where I've got so far with all of this..............

 

I cobbled together the small tower for the choked plate (non functioning of course), and this was done by simply cutting out some brass plate, making a semi-circle and soldering it. I did flow some epoxy around the tower somewhat to fill in the empty spaces.

 

P7275251-vi.jpg

p7305252-vi.jpg

 

Here's the choke itself--------using some very tiny rivets from Scale Hardware, I made a support for the choke barrel.

 

P7305253-vi.jpg

 

Here you see it now attached to the side of the carb.............

 

P8035257-vi.jpg
 

 

Here is pretty much the completed carb sitting on my finger. I added some HO scale Grandt Line plastic bolts to spruce up the looks a bit, and drilled some holes for the vacuum advance and fuel line.

You can also see part of the PE throttle linkage bracket attached. I want to also add the four brass studs that are present on the 1:1 carb. I have to test fit this in the engine bay all the while to ensure that the hood will close once the air cleaner is on.

 

P8105263-vi.jpg

p8105262-vi.jpg

 

OK, this engine needs some pulleys for the belts! I cut away the way too thick belts from the pulleys and started to carve a groove.
This was relatively easy as the pulleys are rather thick, and with a "V" file, I was able to carve the grooves in three of the pulleys.

 

P8075261-vi.jpg

 

All done-----just a matter of attaching them and painting them up. You can see the size of them relative to the real penny.

 

P8105264-vi.jpg

 

Now I have PE alternator brackets attached..........the hassle is getting the alternator attached to it!

 

P8115265-vi.jpg

 

That's pretty much it for now! Hopefully for a little bit this evening I can get some more done. With being gone from home 12 or so hours at a clip--------those of you who have to work long hours can relate. There just aren't enough hours in the day sometimes to get it all done.. ;)

 

Thanks for tuning in!

Great work! I just thought that I would point out that the fuel pump should have an cast aluminum upper part with a zinc plated lower part.


In Topic: Remembering back when...

11 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

I'm too young to have a "back when" story but I'll tell you about something my dad did. Back in the 70s when my dad was in high school he built a hot 327 with a Muncie trans for his 57 Chevy. One day he was testing the clutch and ended up falling off the milk crate he was sitting on and the car just kept idling down the road. 


In Topic: Harry needs these for his Mustang...

02 August 2014 - 05:28 AM

 

Hmmm... not much need for lights in the daytime...  :lol:

Tell that to the people around here that drive with their high beams on.


In Topic: 1967 Ford Mustang GT Update..............9/28/14

27 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

Your models are always really nice. I couldn't put that much detail into a model.