June 3, 2015: Hopefully the email validations are now being sent. We had to add an IP to the server, since the one being used was being blocked by the big email servers, like Yahoo, Live, Mail, gmail, etc. I have done tests, and it seems to be working, on some, if not all, emails.
Welcome to the Model Cars forum, the biggest and best online forum about our favorite hobby: Model Cars. This forum is provided as a service free of charge to those who enjoy our hobby, for those who want to share ideas, get new tips and tricks, and make new friends in our hobby. Thank you for stopping by, and we strive to create a safe and fun atmosphere for everyone.
If you want to join up, then click on the "Registration" link in the upper right of the page and complete the online form. If you choose to use a "handle" or a user name that is not your proper name, then please put your full name in the signature box found in the Profile section when you register on this board, along with your location. We ask for this because here at the MCM forum, we are one big ohana (family in Hawaiian), and we like to know each other's name, where you're from, and treat you like you are part of our ohana. We don't hide behind fake or made up names here. We treat each other with respect, and we all expect the same in return.
After you click on the "submit" button an email will be sent to you to confirm your registration. If you have not received your confirmation email, please email email@example.com. Only one account is allowed per user/IP. Attempting to register two accounts will result in a complete ban and removal of all content by and of the user, and the IP that is used.
To receive Instant Messages or PM's, make sure your browser is set to accept Pop Up windows. You can do this when you access the forum, or on some systems, you can tell the Pop Up Blocker to allow Pop Ups from the web site: www.modelcarsmag.com.
If you have any problems logging in or registering, please email Gregg at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your account has been activated you can log in to the forum and start posting. Please remember to follow these basic Forum rules:
We have a Warning Point System in place.
Breaking a forum rule will result in one (1) warning point being issued, at the discretion of the moderators.
If a member accumulates three (3) warning points, their posting privileges will be locked for a period of one (1) month.
After posting privileges are reinstated after one month, if the member then accumulates two (2) more warning points (total of five (5)), their posting privileges will be locked for a period of 90 days.
After posting privileges are reinstated after 90 days, if the member then accumulates two more warning points (total of seven (7)), their forum membership will be deleted and they will be banned from forum participation.
The forum rules are as follows:
1) No vulgar language or "fake" vulgar language (as in #&@$$!#$!!). Offensive language is completely unacceptable.
2) Personal attacks will not be tolerated. We believe that encouraging and/or constructive criticism can help, but putting a person down does not accomplish anything for the community. Also, flaming, name calling, and off-color cartoons, images, or content are NOT permitted.
3) If you choose to use a handle or user name that is not your proper name, then either A: put your full name in the signature box found in the Profile section of your account under Profile, or B: put your real, full name to the signature that appears at the bottom every post. Only one account per user/IP is allowed. Any attempt to create additional accounts, for any reason whatsoever, will result in the banning of the IP, deletion of the account(s), and all topics and/or posts that were submitted to the forum. Also, the use of a proxy service to access the forum/site is not allowed, and not recommended.
4) We do not allow any illegal activity. Any posting of illegal material will mean immediate dismissal and banning from the board.
5) Links to other web sites and forums are okay if they are within the topic being discussed. Links to offensive material will be removed.
6) No selling allowed on the forums.
7) We take a very dim view of 'trolls' who come here simply to disrupt the forum. Activities deemed as trolling include (but are not restricted to):
• Posting something deliberately inflamatory - either to start a "flame war" or simply to cause difficulties for the moderators
• Posting continuous snide comments about another user
• Posting continuous criticism of mods and their moderating**
• Behavior which is continually disruptive to the general membership of the forum
• Belittling someone because their beliefs are different than your own
In addition to the Warning Point System, moderators may at their discretion also restrict member posting by requiring a moderator's approval for each post made, regardless of total warning points accumulated, for a period of time to be determined by the moderator(s), based on the severity of the offense. This posting restriction may be applied on its own, or in combination with the Warning Point System, at the discretion of the moderator(s).
** Important: Moderator decisions are often a "judgement call," depending on the severity of the offense, the member's prior history, etc. The moderators do their best to enforce the rules fairly and equally for everyone, but please remember the moderators are humans, not robots. If a member has an issue, complaint, question or comment regarding the forum, the moderators, the rules or the enforcement of the rules, please PM a moderator with your concerns. Also note that we are not responsible for what is said between members in private conversations, either on the board through the Private Messaging system, or off the board by emails.
Welcome aboard and have a great time!