-----

Event: L.I.A.R.S. MODEL CAR CHALLENGE

in Model Car Shows/Events
Added by johnbuzzed, 19 Aug 2011

Taking place 12 Nov 2011 (Single Day Event)

johnbuzzed

Don't miss this year's L.I.A.R.S. Challenge on November 12 at the Freeport Recreation Center in Freeport, NY. Help the L.I.A.R.S. Club celebrate our twentieth year of camaraderie and friendship through model cars. Contest registration and vendor tables open at 9AM and the awards ceremony starts at 3PM. Admission/registration fees are: Adults= $10.00 for first model, $1.00 each additional model. Junlors 12-17= $5.00. Juniors 11 and under= free. Spectator admission: $5.00; kids 11 and under= free. There will be a coloring contest, a make-and-take, door prizes throughout the day and more than forty vendor tables. We have more than 24 classes for just about anything you can build with first thru third place awards for each class, along with six "Best..." or "Most..." awards, the L.I.A.R.S. Memorial Award, the People's Choice Award and the Judge's Best In Show Award. This years special theme class is "The ROARING LAST TWENTY YEARS"- any model of a vehicle built over the last twenty years. Food and drinks will be available on site and there is plenty of fast and not-so-fast food nearby.

The Freeport Recreation Center is at 130 East Merrick Road, Freeport, NY, 11520. Take the Grand Central Parkway, Northern State Parkway, Southern State Parkway or Sunrise Highway to Meadowbrook Parkway south. Go to exit M9 WEST (Merrick Road), go four lights and the Rec Center will be on the left. Call the Rec Center at 516-377-2310 if you get lost. You can find a map and get directions on Mapquest.

For show or vendor info, contact Rich Argus at 516-884-2270 or r.argus@juno.com, or through the club website at www.liarsmodelcarclub.com. For info on classes or judging, contact Bill Murray at 516-293-6378 or murfam7@yahoo.com.

Unless you have a wedding to attend, you have no reason to not be there... unless you really, really enjoy raking leaves :D

0 Comments