[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. How to remove pin marks

I sand them as well as a final step. But a little more aggressive approach is necessary when dealing with good sized ones. Some sand paper on an eraser will do the trick, but you had better have a couple of free hours and a good arm to deal with something like this. Steve
  3. '65 Fury. Back on the Bench.

Although I still greatly appreciate the fact that Dan Carlson, (garagepunk66) was so gracious as to send me a bunch of engine parts for this project, it turns out that the intake, heads, etc, will not work with the Lindberg block. Apparently, the Lindberg engine is too long making it difficult to decide between sticking with mostly Lindberg parts, or scrapping the whole thing and beginning a search for an entirely different engine. At this point I have decided that, at least for this project, I'm going to stick with the Lindberg engine to be certain that there will be no need for further modifications to the chassis or other parts that are, for all intensive purposes, finished. So, I guess I will go back to plan A. Oh well, I guess the Lindberg intake that I modified previously doesn't look half bad in primer. Thanks again Dan! I have no doubt that I will be able to use the parts that you provided on a future project. Steve
  4. ONCE UPON A TIME..... (game)

with drifting sand
  5. Memorial Day

AMEN to that!
  6. Javelin`s AMC

Ever since Chrysler got rights to the Jeep away from AMC , licensing rights got down right insane I think this is a major factor as to why we haven't seen any AMC model kits
  7. I’m not sure on the kit. I bought it as an old built up. I know mpc has a 68 kit.
  8. Latest Builds

thanks Claude the top and interior are just Testors primer gray and the body is Tamiya TS-42 Light Gun Metal heres a couple more shots
  9. Thanks and yes I got them from shapeways. I think 3d model specialties is who I got them from.
  10. Nice.... have to ask what model kit you started with, the AMT is a '69-'72 (depending on the grill), I thought only promos came as '68. The side trim around the wheel well is the big difference for the molded on trim. BTW I own a '68 Long Bed, survivor.
  11. Javelin`s AMC

Having once owned a 1:1 '69 AMX, I'm right there with ya! Unfortunately, unlike us lunatic fringers I'm not so sure there's a big enough market to warrant such a thing. True, Moebius took a chance and gave us that terrific '53 Hudson, but they're having their issues at the moment and I don't see even them doing any Javelins any time soon. It is sad as like you said, Johan got the body lines spot on for all the Javelin/AMX's they did. Fortunately, I have a couple Javelins (a '69 resin and a very restorable '68 promo) and probably about half a dozen AMX's including a '70. I got to admit, I'm not a big fan of the '71 and later cars, I don't hate them......I just think compared to the '70 and earlier cars they appeared just a bit too heavy handed for me with their somewhat tall rear quarters. I sure do miss my AMX though.........that thing could literally throw you back in the seat no matter what gear you were in with that 390!
  12. ALPHA ROMEO 8C 1931

That is a masterpiece!
  13. Today
  14. Porsche 904 Indy

Famous last words: "... the major construction is done! " After reading the Silverstate rules, *had to* build a roll cage. First time I have done this, guess it's okay. Also started on the windshield, ground/sanded off the cast-on wiper; glued in aluminum windshield retainer clips (that are hidden, just so I don't have to glue it in). Found the almost perfect wiper in the parts box, it's just reversed, should be easy to flip and add a tiny rubber blade. The windshield has some dip on the inside where the wiper was, but the "real" one should distract from that. It's been a constant battle of testing for interference when new parts are added, talked too soon about doors working, conflict with roll bar and other aspects made it a pain. The cage was actually sort of fun to build. Found a MINI Cooper instrument gauge to add, still need to make the parking brake. Laid out 90% of the parts, at least what have been worked on. Then I wet-sanded the body. PAINT!!! Now the fun begins! Sprayed the body with Testors white primer, knowing it was going to be fixed and sanded more for another primer coat. Always frustrating to think I got everything, then soon as paint hits it's "oh I missed a spot ..... oh another ..... and another." I'm contemplating what color, have a collection of cool nail 'polish', test samples on white cardboard, the light blue is similar to the rendering on the first page of this WIP.
  15. 72 charger

thank you
  16. Javelin`s AMC

Not true. The '71-'74 style (I"m not sure which year) was reissued through the '80s.
  17. Aluminum 41 Willys Coupe

FANTASTIC build love it
  18. 1969 Dodge Charger 500

Thank you David!
  19. ALPHA ROMEO 8C 1931

Great looking model. Thanks for sharing the pics and the back story.
  20. 1/24th scale... ...this part.... . ..from this kit..... ...lots to trade or???? Thanks.
  21. Italari American wrecker truck

Cool. Nicely done. And the repair shop is easy Area 51 of course.
  22. 1969 Dodge Daytona rear wing

I've found the part I was looking for. Thanks for looking.
  1. Load more activity