Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thats for sure! I have printed allot of parts for my 1/16 cars.
  3. I am pleased with how the chassis and engine turned out but not the kit supplied harness. Sticks out like a sore thumb!
  4. 3D printing has really opened up the possibilities in the larger scales. There’s several companies that print some pretty sweet large scale parts and bodies.
  5. This Gasser is super slick. Checking out the big headers sticking out of the bottom. My kit is unbuilt and next in line.
  6. Today
  7. Mike any progress on this one? I have been offering 1/16 stuff for a fellow member and could help you out if you want to. You can have a look in my Chevy C10 Stepside thread if you want some inspiration.
  8. Very nice Corvette there Paul, you have a good eye for what looks cool. Those 1:25 lowrider wheels was pure genius, they look perfect. Well done. Cheers, David. 😎👍
  9. That's so cool, really well done Ken. Cheers, David. 😎👍
  10. Cool concept. Phantom builds are very cool. You could use the 65 and 66 Galaxie chassis under this also if that chassis is to troublsome.
  11. Looking good. A tilt nose Charger is definitely different.
  12. This should be cool. I envy you weathering guys, I have not tried any yet. Be sure to adjust the wheelbase, the front tires are to far back. You can slide the entire chassis about an 1/8" and kinda fix it
  13. That gold looks sharp. I was kinda wondering about the green so you made a good change in my opinion.
  14. I bought the AMT 1978 Corvette 25 Aniversary 1/16 recently and i was actualy suprised. Quality was good parts had nice details and it came with optional racing seats, the fit of the chassi to the tub seems like rubish but overal nice details compared to my other Revell Baja kit. The Revell Baja Fever needs allot of work in my opinion and is very inacurate.
  15. Hi everyone, since I´m taking a break in building new trucks I´d like to share some old ones. This one was one of my first truck models. Built it when I was 15. Even got second place in a model builders contest of southern Germany in 1985. You all probably know the kit. I´m glad I did it back then because today they´re offered on eBay for 250 - 400€. Back then I payed 35DM for it! Since it didn´t have right hand drive like an Australian Road Train should and I didn´t yet have the experience of building a new cockpit and what else belongs to it, I made a "regular" US truck out of it. The tires weren´t the today known soft rubber ones, the kit actually included the typical amt low profile tires even though the others are shown on the box. I remember being quite disapointed at that time but building it was fun! The rack on the roof was from the Italeri accessory kit for European trucks. The cover of the spare was just a piece of cloth which I painted. Made it stay in form too. I made it look very used too. At least I tried to and the jury in the contest seemed to like it! The tanks look rusty and the chassis and engine look quite dirty and oily. The interior also looks a bit filthy. The age of this truck of course increased that look! 🙂 Hope you enjoy this "oldtimer"!
  16. I have a few of the Bare Metal scribers. One with quite a bit of wear on it plus a brand new one. https://www.scalemates.com/kits/bare-metal-foil-bmf003-panel-scriber--321399 I haven't tried the Tamiya scriber, but will give it a shot if I can locate one locally.
  17. Very creative and well executed build Claude. That frame and running gear work is truly something else.
  18. I'll be watching. I bought one with the same idea and it looks your of to great start.
  19. Nice 37! Good to see you put that Moebius engine to good use.
  1. Load more activity