Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Looking good, what is the red color on the 2nd bee?
  3. How can I remove these annoying google adds ... they are like popping up like mad !
  4. The real fun comes in when you start designing your own stuff. The side pods, block, heads, swing arm, and gas tank I designed and printed on my FDM printer.
  5. So... nobody stocks Atlantis kits on the shelf. Unless they do. That clears things up. Snake, I think you missed the part where I said there are plenty of kits I want on the shelf of my local hobby shop, not just Hobby Lobby and Michael's. I buy things on the shelf. There is pretty much always something on the shelf that I want. No need to order anything.
  6. Nice weathering, interesting subject, great looking build.
  7. I have seen online posts where they bought foil tape at dollar stores and got thinner tape than regular foil tape yet still a bit thicker than BMF and they liked it. Perhaps it depends on the source. The tape I have is way too thick for trim around windows etc. Also, the adhesive is extremely unforgiving. It will pull the paint right off.
  8. Appears to be a complete frame, no engine, wheels, or tires, no tire tubs. Swap for?
  9. Charlie, this is such fabulous work! It is a joy to watch your projects coming together.
  10. I didn't really do anything other than be extremely careful not to touch the chrome paint after it was applied. With the seats and dash, that was really no problem. i had a bit of a slip on the radiator shroud, however, But nothing's perfect. Eventually I'll do some more experimenting with this paint (the can's large enough to last until the next century) with various clear coats, which should help protect it.
  11. That shifter is acutally from a Mopar! And, the tire direction are probably all backwards thanks to the tire design.
  12. Today
  13. Hey all I have the lift axle fabricated. I still need to fab up the mounting brackets and lift air bags, brakes, etc. I didn't get any pictures today, but I'll take some tomorrow. Ron G
  14. Just cleaning up some mould lines and test fitting a few parts today. I painted up the wheels I have, and both are pretty much exactly the same. The resin wheels are a bit skinny but have slightly better detail, and the ones from my spares tin have a thicker rim bead and fatter tyres, they're ever so slightly bigger too, so I'm kind of torn between the both.
  15. Oh well I've used it now for 2 years, and to me it's perfect, BMF is too expensive for a pensioner like me to buy in such small sheets.
  16. We were so happy when DAB started to repave our street. Last Tuesday they started laying down a second layer but then stopped about 6' from the cross street. Today we hear from a neighbor that DAB has closed their doors. What the heck? DAB is/was one of the largest paving companies in the state.
  17. My youngest son who's eleven asked me if I can get him a kit "like the ones I build" he said, so I showed him a few snap kits and he picked out a DeLorean from Back to The Future. He then asked if I could paint it for him, thinking it's just a few snap parts, I said sure. When I opened the box I was greeted with many parts trees! There is a lot of parts here for a snap kit! so, on top of the two kits I curranty have going I have to paint my sons kit which gives me three projects on the go at once! Lol
  18. That pretty much looks like a GM shifter. Watch the directional tread on the tires as it's hard to tell on some of the tread designs.
  19. that's too cool - assuming that the brass was annealed [or just left out in the Florida sun for a few minutes] and then shaped with the help of the vice ?? are you using a "plating machine" ?? Ive got an "old" one - works good - there is a jewelers supply store in downtown Miami that Ive used to source plating solution and equipment ...
  20. A couple of straight edges and a handful of square blocks are good to have on hand to line things up.
  21. Half the people on the road today can't control what they're driving now. The answer is more power ? EV's are here and many more are on the way in pick ups and SUV's as well as most any body style you can think of. Beyond the Piolet Error issues we are seeing with the ones on the road now there are many other associated issues to consider. Recharging stations for one since our electrical grid is being taxed just to keep your home air conditioner going. What about Road Taxes ?, you know how are the owners going to pay their fair share of the cost of the road ways? Many taxing questions and we
  22. Gonna have to add one of these to the stash,
  23. You might want to get some sort of solid wood or cork board that you can use just like a chassis jig. You will need to have a way to attach the frame parts and measure to make sure they remain square before gluing the frame together. With a cork board type surface you can use straight pins to hold the parts in place before gluing. You could tape them as well but I think you would want an attachment system so that the parts wouldn't shift around while you're working on them.
  24. Nah, the hobby is still dying because you can't buy 1/25th scale kits of 60's poverty-spec land barges for less than $10 at department stores. Posting something like this is just additional shameless propaganda that the modeling hobby is thriving globally thanks to new markets, rapid prototyping, and a younger customer base engaging with new subject matter and not beholden to established brands.
  1. Load more activity