Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. It sounds good, but will see if my skills and/or my schedule cooperates!
  3. With the interest in pickups I would think Round 2 would be looking at a redo of the C1500 454SS truck and some of the other old AMT issues from the past. A reissue of a '68 Impala SS would be nice as well with the prices being sky high for original AMT versions now. I think any number of the listed kits would sell well.
  4. That sounds like it'll be a pretty impressive rig, Dan.
  5. Well you can just glue the engine block halves together and call it good, Bill. 😉 But seriously, love to have you join.
  6. Beautiful looking paint finish and color. The chrome body trim all looks great. The Camper looks like it could have been a kit part, and the latter and trim look realistic.
  7. Well, another day, another error. Forgot to sand off the wiper blades, as very few stockers keep them on. A few more strips of Hasegawa chrome and they will have to do. Windshield chrome looks ok. The stuff is harder to cut than bmf,but, luckily, there is very little trimming to do with the narrow strips I use. Now, on to making some side windows, installing windshields, and making some class numbers and letters. There is a 25 watt bulb at the end of this tunnel.
  8. I had several pictures of Cougar's, including Dave Dion's, that I used as inspiration. When the model was finished, I deleted them. This is the only picture that I failed to delete for some reason. Even had a pic of it head on into the inside wall at some speedway! No idea who this is, or where they raced at. For some reason this one really spoke to me. I'll get a 3/4 shot when I get home. I'm at our new (to us) house measuring for a remodel. Yippee!
  9. Ahhh i haven't haven't seen that. I agree with you about the vintage horsepower.
  10. Looks great and that bed can be a real challenge to put together correctly. Paint and colors all look OEM including the bed floor.
  11. Like others have said, great color combo, and the stance is spot on. Nice clean build.
  12. Great looking color and GM should have offered something like that. The decals and body finish look great. the engine detailing is cleanly done. Like the way the wheels and tires are done.
  13. Here is my 09 Challenger Pro Mod...I used the Revell Challenger body...I made a trade here for chassis etc..Then I used the Bob Glidden Thunderbird Pro Stock kit for chassis etc..The top half of the Hemi.Is from a Die-cast Funny Car...(nitro ?)That I put on model kit block and transmission..She is painted" Purpl-licous"Metallic rattle can.And 3 coats of "Wetlook"clearcoat...The decals are from the Challenger the has a Viper engine in it.The only thing is...I think the Hemi is bigger than 512 c.i...
  14. Progress has been kinda slow. Finally got the chassis where I’m happy with it. Started by cutting off the front frame rails and replacing with styrene strips. Made them a little short but I think I can make it work. I made the transmission cross member from styrene rod and sheet and sprayed with Alclad chrome. I based it on a reference picture I found online
  15. Even with all of the mentioned problems the final build looks great, and I don't think anyone, other than someone who has also built this model would know of the problems. Beautiful looking paint and body trim. Like the well detailed engine. Found much the same problems and the interior issue seems to require gluing the back side of the cab after installing the interior. Fought the same battle since I wanted the rear cab seem to disappear.
  16. If I had started the thing a bit later or had taken a bit longer to build it I would have participated in the build, if you would have had me. 😉 As it was, I was just finishing it up then the build started. 🙂 This is referring to my '29 pickup build, of corse I would have done a couple things a bit differently.
  17. I started working on mine, but it looks like it's been abandoned in a field for 50 years!
  18. Thanks John, been working on her steady this week as time allowed... Here is the current status.... Left side... Right Side... Front.... Rear... I haven't drawn the Steering Knuckles yet, but I've learned they were identical from side to side just mirrored... The steering arm was a separate part that was bolted on over the right side knuckle so it is unique to the Wasp... My previous design was of the standard steering knuckle/arm, (one part) from a standard Marmon Speedster... Your pics of what is actually on the car are a godsend for getting it right... That's what I'm figuring out now, the steering knuckles will be easy, it's the steering arm that will be a challenge... Again thank you for your generosity.... EG...
  19. Update 4/25 – The “cargo” Getting closer. I’ve got the chassis detail as far as it will go. And finish clear coating the cab. Getting the flatbed area “cargo” prepped and ready to install. The reason for the quotes around cargo will be evident in the final assembly. The cargo will be a Coca Cola Cooler. I choose the AK Interactive Doozy brand 1940 Westinghouse unit for its detail and the fact that it is a refrigerated unit with detail. The ice chest in the AMT 61 Falcon Ranchero purportedly represents a water bath version and there is no internal detail, it would nee to be crafted. The Doozy kit is meant to be weathered, but I choose to keep it refurbished but still rough with age. A motor and compressor assembly are provided. I decided to add a little more detail to represent some wiring and refrigerant lines. Not as detailed as a real one, but it gives the effect and will not be highly visible. I took an engine bay decal that looked close to a product plate and added it to the cooler body. I also crafted a weatherproof box to carry an inverter that the electrical plug can be placed. The box is under the bed on the pickup rail. Remaining is to polish out the cab and do the final assembly. It should be ready for our upcoming Pacific Northwest Model Car Fest on May 4.
  20. The Group 5 era was a great time for both the racing and the models offered. These were my builds at the time but unfortunately, they are now yellowing and the decals are starting to flake off. Fortunately there are a lot more Group 5 ish kits in the stash.
  21. Good luck. There. was a nice place in Blissfield MI like this. The guys that ran it aged out last I was told. There is even a dinner mystery train very close thay still runs on the weekends. The town is small though, a lot of farm land around there.
  22. espo

‘69 Nova

Beautiful looking paint color and finish. The chrome window moldings you mention were an extra cost trim option on the Nova, I had them on my '72 Nova SS.
  23. Excellent KW, the wheels and tyres do make a difference.
  24. Thanks for your background info. Always fascinating to me to know how guys got into doing world-class model building.
  1. Load more activity