Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I my opinion the best way to build an early Mustang Notchback is with the Monogram 1/24 64 Mustang Convertible. With some sanding the up-top can be converted into a very presentable hardtop. With this option you get a superior chassis, interior and correct grill. It does have reverse lights however.
  3. Mine eyes have seen things I'd rather not remember, but some stuff you just can't forget.
  4. The Nomad is 1:24 scale and the AMT Novae are 1:25 but you may be able to use the rear portion with some creative butchery. I'm not a fan of the pro-street look but the Nomad body is a good candidate, certainly. The Nomad chassis has molded-in exhaust that would need to be dealt with. Yeah, there's some work involved🫤. These Monogram tri-5 chevy kits are not well-detailed (firewall is a glaring example) and if you don't need an accurate model, you can overlook its deficiencies. The interior is another example. But you can still have fun with it. I have two of the Nomad kits and the '55 ragtop waiting for me. I'm thinking "gasser" for one Nomad 🤔. Maybe a '70s street machine for the other one, like the one on the box, but with better wheels 🥴.
  5. Have you received any with the Heritage Edition package? I saw my first one in the wild last week at our local dealership. I guess i missed the news that they were even doing those. It's just an appearance package right? My wife is in love with it (Robins Egg blue with white top), but we just got our Bronco in June so it's way too soon to trade ours in 😋
  6. Hello Chris. You have met Andre at our club show. He runs the Harrah auto museum. Good friend of mine. He told me about Adams Datsuns at the museum. He also told me about the pod cast and dinner. Everything was sold out but he made an extra seat for me . It’s who you know.
  7. Very sad..😢 Thankfully this was not during rush hour or the totals would be severely inflated. I've traveled that bridge many times, its approximately 30 to 40 minutes away and have never given it a thought while crossing any bridges, what if... 🙏
  8. Today
  9. Just a couple of pics that might help and one of the things on the side of the car that I have removed. Of course, Ace is correct about the generator.
  10. After further testing, a couple of notes: 1. Blending the fiber goes MUCH faster and more thoroughly if you pre-soak the torn up carton in water with a drop of dish soap. I put it in to soak and went off to do other things so I don't know exactly how long but it was thoroughly soaked and I actually wrung it lightly before popping it in the blender. 2. This should have been obvious, but the more plaster you add the quicker and stronger it sets up. Of course working time is reduced but not inconveniently so.
  11. I'd be very surprised to learn this cover art issue was not planned for the future. Were I to place a bet... you would see this and the Ford 9000-series Louisville Race Car Hauler in a gift set with a mondo decal sheet. I believe the Mustang was on the original cover art for the Hauler, just not included in the box, which seemed an oversight to me. Later, in the '70s a Pinto F/C (CrazyHorse) was included as a bonus, somewhere I've got a cover from that box stashed away, along with an enormous junk box of truck parts.
  12. Well, like most of my fellow Canadian model car builders, I'm in!
  13. If it's not quite right, I'd be glad to be wrong - superb build!!!!
  14. I have never heard that 64.5 hoods are different!! Anyone have any photos?? Love to see them. I have spent a lot of time working on first gen Mustangs.......this one I bought in 1975
  15. What a great looking period gasser!!
  16. Thank you all. @R. Thorne - that was the same kit I just picked up to start with. @1972coronet - I didn't know about the reverse lamps - that's interesting! @Ace-Garageguy - great article - thank you for that! @Dr Cobra - thank you, those small details are so cool. --- Is the 1965 Grill readily available in kit or aftermarket form? This is the '65, and includes the vertical bars, and the "mesh" behind the grill looks different than the '66 (I'm sure you guys all know that, just trying to find this in scale). Found this nice graphic:
  17. Arrived in Central Ontario yesterday. Great issue, guys!
  1. Load more activity