Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yes, but they very often provide extensive training and practice for paramedics!
  3. Thanks Pierre Rivard. David, I know nothing of any RC Cars. I had one of the first Tamiya Beetle Sand Scorchers about 35 years ago, but the batteries were so lacking in power for more than 15 minutes I got rid of it!
  4. Brother can you spare a dime? Was not a phrase that a drug addict would ask but rather one that a down on their luck individual would ask.
  5. Right about now, the funks..... oh, brother......
  6. Today
  7. Generally yes. The particular epoxy that I use can sit for at least 5 minutes before it begins to tack up. Depending on the particular assembly that needs to be performed, I’ll either apply the glue and then immediately mate the parts if it’s a pretty secure connection, followed by a check after about 10 minutes to be certain that the positioning is correct, or else I’ll mix the glue, apply it to one of the surfaces to be mated, and then let it sit for 5 minutes or so, after which I’ll check for tackiness. If the glue is sufficiently tacky to hold the part securely in position without sliding around, then I’ll assemble the parts, and again, return probably ten minutes later to verify that it’s still in position. I’ll usually continue to make periodic positioning checks until the remaining glue on the mixing card is completely hardened, which probably takes about 15 or 20 minutes. Steve
  8. Not anymore! It should be on its way to my mailbox soon. 😊
  9. Thanks, Tony. As I have mentioned before, I am a ceaseless experimenter. It is time for the “chrome” trim. My second time using the Hasagawa stuff. My first time with the short scalpel with the curved blade. I also use the 1 mm double hobby knife blade and cut out narrow strips as opposed to trimming on the car. A couple of pictures that, hopefully, will allow you to see the results. I like it, myself. Relatively easy to apply this way, little buffing, definitely less wrinkly than bmf, and shiny. Took some pics of the car before I started to give you some idea of what it looks like before.
  10. Hellcat and 4 door Bronco Sasquatch!!! Hope round2 can take notes on this!
  11. Everything looks great. The dash is greatly detailed. I try to stay away from such details by building Altereds and such where that kinda detail is needed…
  12. Thanks for mentioning about the NNL East. I forgot that is happening this month.
  13. I really wish I had any kind of styrene or evergreen rounds, but I make do with what I have! I also just realized I don’t have any drills
  14. AMT changed the kit, but never changed the box. A spring suspension truck is a W923. Did you design the headache rack?
  15. Time and tide and the one-sentence game wait for no man.
  16. Why exactly are we worried about 2025 when Round2 is going to debut as yet unannounced 2024 projects at NNL East on Saturday?
  17. Today's pleasing came by way of the click of the mouse. I purchased a kit that was on my list of wants. It's probably the rarest kit that will be in my stash. It's also a kit that probably excites only a hand full of modelers.. Hint.. I might be a little Koo Koo for buying it but I did and I'm happy as a squirrel who lives on a peanut farm.
  18. Everything is taking shape, such a nice clean build
  1. Load more activity