[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Racing, Hot Rod, truck and aircraft engines by FTB

Very appropriate with today being the Indy 500.
  3. Parts help question.

Geno, You might want to check out the NAPA catalog and copy a picture of the fan then reduce it in size and mount the picture within an outer ring and a back. Might be worth a try.
  4. Mercedes AMG GT-3 Beast of the Green Hell

Some last pics with a driver inspired by Dan...thanks for the heads up on the Stig He seems to be looking for the keys!!!
  5. 2016 camaro

thanks
  6. 2016 camaro

thanks the 3 chargers i posted before were all finished during the time when we were having problems uploading pics with the choose pics plus i tend to work on more then one model at a time sometimes i paint 3-4 car model bodies a day right now on my modeling table i have 2 car models i am working on 2 boat models and 2 star trek models and star trek prop replica i am making
  7. Shark Attack

wow amazing IT Goods GOOD
  8. Resistance Soldering On A Budget!

I am that old guy in the corner chuckling! These scales have literally been around for centuries. I took drafting courses in college in the late 60's and buying one of each was required for the class. Here is the history and why they are what they are. . The one you are talking about here is an "engineers" scale. The measurements are inches divided in 1/10's. This gives you scales that are evenly divide in 1000 This is because engineers send plans to machinists scale plans and define the measurements in thousands of and inch. The other scale that you have is a "architects" scale. The main graduations on this are feet divided in 1/12. This is because architects design buildings and there plans are measured in feet and inches. This scale give you scales that easily divide in 12. It also looks like the one you have is a metric version for 1/10s. So, 1:24 and 1:12 scale would be found on an architect's scale because they are factors of 12 and 1:20 and 1:25 scale would be found on an engineers scale because they are factors of 1000. The odd fractions that you find on the ends of a architects scale are in feet to the inch. Most architects scales are designed for the main divisions to represent feet but have a small section on each end that are divided to show inches per inch.
  9. 2016 camaro

thank you
  10. Latest Builds

They all look terrific.
  11. Corvette enthusiast

sweet build and great site, great job on both
  12. 63 Corvette mild custom

Sweet and SHINY
  13. '55 Chevy Street Machine

Nice and SHINY
  14. 1966 AMC Ambassador

Very nice. Excellent color choice.
  15. 2016 camaro

Another nice build. You're really knocking them out quickly.
  16. Foose `56 Ford Pickup FD100

Super build in SHINY
  17. Foose `56 Ford Pickup FD100

I had this one sitting around and decided to throw it together between commissioned projects. First, this is a really great kit! Except for body portions that I prepped, I pretty much just cut parts off sprue, painted them, and put them together. Except for the body not sliding down completely (you can see in some of the pics), everything went together perfectly. Also, Revell really captured the proportions well. The pictures do not do it just justice. As I was building it, I kept finding myself looking back at my work space to take in the cool body lines from different angles. This is build box stock except for the ignition wires. The paint is actually Rustoleum Heirloom White, which appears to be an excellent substitution for Wimbledon White. I have a street rod built using Testor`s Lacquer Wimbledon White which is very, very close in color to this, but slightly darker. The interior is also Rustoleum (Sand). I am not a truck guy, but I could easily see myself building a few more of these.
  18. Autoquiz 427

I had figured it for some sort of Dodge Dart concoction, but darn if I could nail exactly what it was. I even did a search for Brazilian Dodges, but this one didn't turn up interesting enough. I take it that "B" pillar is more of an add-on as the actual car was a true hardtop. It defeats the purpose of the design, but I guess they had to come up with something just to be "different".
  19. ONCE UPON A TIME..... (game)

sometimes cheap customers
  20. Revell 2019

Yes, I have to say that box art is one of their nicer ones in recent memory! It looks as though the tires are the same size on all fours. Knowing how Revell is with their tires, I doubt they'd go through the trouble and they may not have taken note. No biggie............I've got PLENTY 'o tires to pick from if/when the time comes for me to build it.
  21. Autoquiz 427

The diversity of US auto manufacturers who took North American models and built them in far flung places to the tastes of the local populations makes these quizzes very challenging. Most European companies that built in other places seem to have just used the same domestic models without the adornments that the US builders used.
  22. Hi all, I'm searching for a source than may have a miniature electric fan like the one pictured in this photo. I don't know if any resin casters make one. I've searched Evilbay and miniature dollhouse accessories to no avail. It's for the Punisher GTO I'm building. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and blessings, Geno.
  23. Revell Miata Mk1

NOOICE. This is going to look better than any of the actual cars ever did.
  24. Revell 2019

Given that this is the third attempt at this subject for Revell, I really hope they nail it because I doubt we will get a fourth attempt. Looks good, and the box art is really nice! It is probably too much to ask to get staggered tire sizes from front to rear.
  25. I'm quite embarrassed to say that I haven't been able to get any model car work accomplished for awhile. Yesterday was the club meet and the first time in a month since l touched a model. I gotta get back on the horse. lol! No excuses but I currently have my house listed for sale and with all the small repair projects and cleaning up, just been too busy with goings on around here... Here is what I dug out and will try to get back on before the month's end... with any luck, thanks guys... Also letting my fellow club menbers down isn't the norm for me but they are still busy building and that inspires me...
  1. Load more activity