Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. 79-80 Trans Am. Really nice, black with gold striping. First-gen Saturn SL1 Tesla S that was either painted or wrapped in a color similar to 65 GM Evening Orchid/Iris Mist.
  3. I went the nearest hobby shop to my home for some Tamiya paint. Got the paint and a Revell 69 GTO kit. Also picked up a few jars of Model Master paint for $1.50 each. Also decided to check the Local Michaels since it is near that hobby shop. All they had in the kit section was a couple of Revell pirate ship kits.
  4. Today
  5. Very interesting build Bob, you have me interested in watching!
  6. I think Olsen has closed up shop. I'll check Fireball again. THX
  7. Could you actually order an Air Grabber hood without the blackout treatment back in the day? Nice build BTW.
  8. I use a variety of adhesives dependent on the job at hand. I generally scrape and use Testors red thinned with Plastruct Bondene for extra "bite" I hate when pieces fall off of models. Though I have been migrating to clear two-part epoxy more and more.
  9. I am one of many that has been following Ken Mortonโ€™s build of the Trumpeter/Magnifer kit build which has exposed many known or perhaps newly discovered inaccuracies with the kit. As I coincidently started the kit at about the same time as Ken the information provided by others has been extremely helpful for this group build. The original Trumpeter kit came out in 2008 and under the Magnifer brand in 2020. Given the access to information at the time and the comparatively low price for a kit of this size, it's not too surprising there are some egregious errors and omissions in the engine compartment. I will not repeat the discussion of those inaccuracies on this post. This post will show pictures of the work in process of a group build that will display the talents of several members of the Model Car creations club that is based in Broward county Florida. Now on to this build. A distributor was added to the engine as were plug wires. I forgot to take a picture after I had installed several of the oil lines so those will show up in an updated post. The engine has been set aside and the body was given to another club member for painting. The next steps will be assembling the chassis and interior by another club member. I will post updates every 2-3 weeks due to the kit being passed from builder to builder as more is completed. I had hoped this kit would be more accurate and will leave it up to the builder(s) to modify or add parts on their own as we realize there is no such thing as a perfect kit and completing the kit with a lot of modifications could add even more hours to a build that may exceed a few hundred hours. Before the final assembly there may be a chance to make some changes if new information or tips are provided that are compelling enough to go ahead with them. Thanks for following along and any comments or suggestions are welcome.
  10. Great looking build and foil work is very nice.
  11. Some BMF from Amazon. They shipped it in one of those bubble envelopes ๐Ÿ™„
  12. Yup, pretty much the hunter's Ramada back in the 70's. Love the nostalgia here. Looks good to me Chuck.
  13. COOL. I've never seen one of these done as the box art. I like it.
  14. I wouldn't mind having the display case....๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘
  15. Thanks to everyone for the nice comments... Cheers DanL
  16. Really nice job all the way around! Great paint, detail, and foil work....well done!
  17. "Occasionally" is kinda like "every now and then" or "sometimes" or "when you bloody well feel like it", and these are known as synonyms.
  18. Well, thanks a lot. Because of you and Force, I drug out my Revell Chopped Deuce that I've had in my stash for over 40 years and give it another try. Man, this thing is frustrating. I did an engine swap with my leftovers from a Tweety Pie kit and it makes it even more difficult. I'm about "done" with chassis and interior but I can't get the steering column to stay glued when I try to put the interior on the chassis and the instructions are no help. I'm close to the end one way or another. There is a reason it's been out and put back several times over the past 40 years. Thanks again, guys.
  19. Nostril hairs need to be trimmed occasionally.
  20. Very nice ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
  21. "Ever eat a booger before?" Asked Steve to his friend snots while digging fiercely in his nostril.
  22. We got a local department store that just got this, I dont know if is a common available display or a kind of deal. Anyway, got the Foose, 32 Ford and the Dart, and the F18. im curious because havenโ€™t seen this display anywhere
  23. I have some of their airbrush paints but I have not used them as of yet. Now I also purchased some of their "Brushable" enamel paints as I was assured they were equal to if not better than Model Master brush paints. Semi-Gloss black, Flat Black, Silver and a couple of others. After using them with a brush, I found them to be too thin over primer to be "brushed on" and too thick to be airbrushed without thinning. They are not, in my opinion, NOT brushable paints. So I won't be purchasing any more of their "brushable" enamels. BUT, that has been MY experience. There are other options readily available.
  24. This thing is just begging to be built, itโ€™s giving me that warm feeling ๐Ÿ‘
  1. Load more activity