Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Those are two great looking Deuces. The contrast between the two is very dramatic.
  3. Al I have a scrambler body that is painted, just the body no trunk or hood. If your interested I’ll send you some pictures.
  4. Congrats on your Grand Sport. Looks good. Really like the interior photo. More photos please. I hope to build one someday.
  5. Looking good so far. I can't wait to start in on mine.
  6. This has been my #1 Holy Grail kit since the mid-1990's. Prices are just plain out of my budget. The story that I heard in the early-2000's was that AMT/Ertl was evaluating all of their model car kit tooling buried in a warehouse somewhere in the US, and knowing that there was consumer-interest in this kit being reissued in its stock form, they were pleasantly surprised to find tooling with "71 Cyclone Spoiler" lettering handwritten on the outer-surfaces of the tooling they found. The tooling looked to be in good condition and ready-to-go, so they ran a test-shot and poured some liquid-styrene into that mold. Problem was, what came out of that mold was the MPC Hemi Dart! Well, that kit was also on the "consumer-wants" list, so that's what got reissued! I don't know if that story is true or not; I just remember that it dashed my hopes!
  7. Performed the runningboardectomy. Found some that might fit with a bit of filing. And, of course, we are not discounting Eric's suggestion. I suppose that would be brown or gray battleship linoleum.
  8. Yesterday
  9. Okay, took it apart again and painted the firewall white, the wheel wells and radiator wall aluminum. I like the red engine so I'm gonna leave it even though Grumpy painted them black.
  10. Roger Penske giving the GS Corvette a good look over. It's not perfect by any means, but it is finished. I struggled to get it this far with blind instructions, weather, paint and time issues. I learned a few things along the way and hopefully the #003 car will go smoother for it. This is the one of the A.M. kits, without P.E. parts and painted with Model Car World color match Pelham Blue. I use various Tamiya and Alclad on the chassis, wheels and engine. The flaws are pretty obvious but overall I'm happy, (To have it Done)
  11. gtx6970

Coil

Tan COIL ? Never on a mopar. They're always black ( lettering color on said coil is usually a light green, but some have been found with yellow lettering) That said; Tan dist caps started showing up 1966, MAYBE ,,,,just MAYBE very late 1965. But by part number the tan cap arrived in 1966 Distributor itself is black body if dual point ignition system. bare aluminum body if single point system Dual point dist body shown Single point dist body with correct tan cap Correct ignition coil
  12. I've seen this truck running around for a while and finally found it sitting to snap some pics. It's a Ford Louisville cab that's been narrowed to a single seater. This truck is used to haul telephone poles offroad for installation, you just stack them up on either or both sides of the cab and offload them with the crane. The cab has a rear exit door so you can block both sides if you want.
  13. Sorry, my dry (arid!) sense of humor.
  14. Nice breezy partly sunny day to work outside on a car!
  15. Repairing rear window channel and have to use flux core. Keep burning through the metal no matter how I adjust!🤐
  16. Bucky

Coil

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dcc-4120889 https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dcc-4876733
  17. Thanks Alan, that gold is AlClad pale gold and that’s what I was going for.
  18. I think I’ll have some time tomorrow night to cut out one of the small ones to try. If it doesn’t work as a transfer I’ll treat it like a decal. I’ll post whatever I find out.
  19. And, chances are, it'll be better, the second time, because of the things you learned, the first time!
  20. Thanks. I built up the Stingray bike already. Been ambitious lately. It’s over in the “All the rest “section under Schwinn apple krate
  1. Load more activity