Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Nice work. That Monogram kit is so good that it almost builds itself but when it comes to fitting the chassis/interior/body together you cross your fingers and say a little prayer because those elements fit together so tightly that the smallest mistake previously made can now pop up and bite you......... Good luck on the coupe, its an equally nice kit.
  3. That custom front end dips at the front. I've got a set of those parts, they are a decent fit on the newer Bel Air body and would look good with that roofline.
  4. Thanks Peter. I just went on line and bought some Pro-Tech stuff. I should be good for a couple more years now. 😉
  5. My latest. Built OOB with some added stowage I made myself. Painted with SMS paints, mainly. Here is the full video build (took me longer to make this than the kit) with most things explained. Photos
  6. Caterpillar 3406 . 6 cyl. 4 stroke diesel, 893 cu.in./ 250-402 hp.
  7. Very nicely done! Way more of these on the road than coupe devilles.
  8. I like that! Love the weathering, something I'm keen to try but not confident enough yet.
  9. Danny at Scenes Unlimited has period correct front and dual rear wheels. Top notch products and a great guy to deal with!
  10. Just about finished with the '68 Road Runner kit, 1/25, but I have misplaced the front bench seat! Seriously misplaced. I have looked everywhere, including boxes of other kits. Help! Thanks
  11. wow, now that's a paint job! What a cool custom😎
  12. Gotta love those "California Special" tires that screech and squeal on gravel and sand. Plus the optional colour (and trim level) changing interior on those Ford pickups.
  13. Yes, rear window is also more vertical than on the hardtop, so different C-pillar shape. Basically the whole roof is different, which is typical of the era. 4dr sedans and 4dr hts were pretty different. A resin Biscayne or Bel Air will be nice, along w/ the different interior trim.
  14. Yep. The Mack DM800 mixer has longer chassis rails and a hard bar Mack suspension too. Ben
  15. Yesterday
  16. I'll be getting a Resin Bench seat, and building mine with a 327 from another kit. Those are all the concessions I'm making for my build.
  17. Its' begun! Just a bit of sub assembly and getting everything in primer.
  18. There is an aftermarket company, 'something Squads' that has nice police car pushbars.
  19. I enjoy the odd poem now and then myself.

20. Very nice!,Tamiya has a winner with this kit.
  21. Thanks, guys. Yeah, they are pretty much all showroom stock. It's not something I stubbornly stick to, I'd like to do weathering, rusting etc but I'm not brave enough to venture there yet as I'm still relatively new to this. My most adventurous build was the Cyclone with the raised rear leaf springs, that and a custom steering wheel is all I did and I was nervous doing just those, lol. I had fun building that one though and definitely want to do another, maybe with a blower sticking out of the hood. I wasn't confident enough to do that with this Cyclone.
  22. Has anyone with definite knowledge confirmed the '63 Chevy II Nova wagon IS the wagon mentioned in the Round2 video?
  23. Hi. I'd like to try 'foil-casting'. But what brand, etc. to use? Thanks.
  1. Load more activity