[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. If you think the video is bad, go find it on youtube and read the comments. LOL
  3. Tamiya 1/24 VW Beetle

Looking forward to the build. This kit is really enjoyable, had a lot fun with mine
  4. 1970 Dodge Challenger Deputy 225ci slant six

Excellent!
  5. '68 Chevelle SS 396

Looks terrific! Very nice build
  6. 1970 Dodge Challenger Deputy 225ci slant six

Beautiful build.
  7. '69 Camaro LS

No problem there, you started with a sinister looking beast. Very well built model. I like it.
  8. Revell '67 Corvette Holley 4 bbl carb from kit #85-2050

Still could use a chrome carb (part # 104) from the Revell '67 Corvette kit #85-2050.
  9. Best Logghe chassis

I think the Polar lights Mustang FC chassis and tin would serve you well. Correct roll cage, footwells in floorboard, and straight rear frame.
  10. 77- 78 Thunderbird in 1/25th scale. first copy

Very nice work Paul!
  11. 77- 78 Thunderbird in 1/25th scale. first copy

The wheel base was 114 inches from 1972 to 1979 for the 2 door anyway. Having said that , I installed a S?H chassis to a Johan and it was tooooooooooo wide. Had to do a lot of whittling
  12. '68 Chevelle SS 396

This kit was at or near the top of my want list for a long time! A big thanx to Revell for bringing it out! I first thought about just building it straight out of the box. But, that plan changed. I rarely, if ever, build the same kit twice. So, I figured I better build it the way I want while I was at it. I already had the colors in mind (Bright Aqua and White). On the body, I added a vinyl top/trim, corrected the wheelwell lips and filed/sanded to get a better fit on the grille, tail light panel and hood. Then it was just sand, primer and paint (Dupli Color Bright Aqua covered with Tamiya TS -13 and Tamiya White Primer). I decided I wanted my '68 to be different. Instead of the same old big block and four speed, I went with the blown/fuel injected big block, automatic and A/C from the AMT '68 El Camino Street Machine version. It also donated the dash, console and shifter. Changing the dash was more work than I anticipated. I learned the hard way that the dash from the El Camino is almost 4 mms wider than the Revell dash. But, it's the same width as the body. It's more accurate than the kit piece. But, it was missing one thing the kit piece had and that was the defroster/speaker detail. I cut that from the kit dash and added it to the AMT dash. I then trimmed off 2mms per side from the top of the door panels to allow the new dash to work. I also had to merge the consoles together to get a good fit to the floor pan. Under the hood was fairly simple. I added the dryer for the A/C and built the box to connect it to the fan. I modified a set of headers from an AMT '67 Chevelle Pro Street to fit. I had to rework the belt and pulley system as the piece from the El Camino had no provision for the A/C compressor. I made a down pipe from aluminum tubing . Then just added details. Not much done to the chassis. I lowered the front and rear, boxed the trailing arms, added Pegasus wheels and disc brakes. Thanx for checking it out!
  13. 1961 Mercury Monterey hood

Perhaps a bit of a long shot, but you never know. Trade?
  14. Best Logghe chassis

The stage II has a different roll cage shape (thinner?), floorboard tin (footwells?) and the frame goes straight back from the rear axle mount verses curved down on the stage I.
  15. le couronne

Ken this is amazing work you have going here. I have to ask what are the three sphere things on the upper deck on the stern?
  16. Today
  17. Phil Bonner Thunderbolt started

Thanks. I did look at some pictures but didn't look far enough down the page to see that. I'll be painting my nice flocking black to correct this.
  18. Best Logghe chassis

Can you explain the differences between the Stage I and Stage II chassis?
  19. '69 Camaro LS

That paint looks flawless. Did you use a polishing kit? Beautiful build
  20. Rookie Resin

I just wanted to say that if you have any doubts ordering from this Rookie, you can relax. I placed an order on Saturday morning and about an hour or so ago got a message that my shipment was going out today! Every part of the transaction has been smooth and the communication has been excellent. If the parts are half as good as the shopping experience, I am in for more of whatever Bill dreams up! Keep it up Bill, our hobby needs more vendors like you to help us build stuff not available in a kit. The service level you have started with has been awesome and I hope you can maintain it!
  21. Galion 12 1/2 Ton Hydraulic Rough Terrain Crane

Thanks for the good words Charlie! Means a lot to me! I stay awake at night thinking of the steps needed to make a tiny piece. It's amazing how it gets into your head. I have probably 300 kits waiting to be built, but they may not........it will be a letdown after the scratch builds I've done in the past two years.....all inspired by your great work!!!
  22. Spare tire on dolly??? Yes or no? What do you think?
  23. Galion 12 1/2 Ton Hydraulic Rough Terrain Crane

Here is the boom end block, with details from the Galion parts book. Made my own pulleys by punching out discs, using empty cartridge cases as a punch, and gluing the discs together. The whole thing, tiny as it is, is made up of over thirty pieces. Will add some more details to it later.
  24. Ohhh i like that gto and the flip nose malibu's...
  1. Load more activity