Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Dry wine and martinis and beverages in general usually appeal more to my taste than the sweet stuff some prefer.
  3. That is a sharp looking Chevelle. Yellowing of the decals is a bummer, but possibly it's the glue. I know they're already on and it is what it is but in the past I have actually taken old decals and put a few drops of bleach in the water that I release them with, and that helped with yellowing caused by the glue. That's the one thing about a kit that is a light color you risk the chance of yellowing decals. I have a baby blue 66 Mustang that did the same thing
  4. This is the exact recipe that I use for my red sauce. The only addition is fresh chopped basil. I usually omit the sausage, but my meatball recipe includes ground beef, ground pork and ground Italian sausage. Everyone loves Clemenza's sauce! Steve
  5. Online outside is where all our clothes were neatly hung with clothespins to dry.
  6. Those are from Pro-Tech, I ordered them from ICEMAN Collections. They come in 90' or 45'. They are very small, but worth it
  7. Great work so far on this "difficult" kit! I also cut the bottom out but I used the Foose Caddy underneath.
  8. Man your work on this has been inspirational! Makes me want to pull that old built junker I have and re-do it! Isn't THAT what us modelers looking at the internet is all about? Inspiration!!
  9. Absolutely correct, but a very large percentage of web users accept the first thing Google vomits up as gospel, or whatever is repeated most often on social or other media.
  10. Other than Tim Boyd's great build I actually haven't seen another build of this 63 on our forum. Anyone out there building it?
  11. Looks good. I am glad I am not building that!!! Lol.
  12. I owned a '69 Italia Spyder for a very short time. Powered by a Ford 302 and covered in awful white paint to hide a fair bit of rust, it was stolen from a closed gas station I'd rented to store some cars short-term while I moved my shop....Sports Car Engineering...from an industrial area close to Ga.Tech up to the ritzy Buckhead suburb. Uninsured theft, and I always kinda thought the guy I got it from was the one who stole it, as he was, let's just say, a little on the shady side. Most people, even "car guys", had no clue what it was, with some thinking it was a Corvette, the rest thinking it was a Ferrari. (not my car...AFAIK ) The lines of the Italia were what inspired me to build what was, at the time, the world's only 240Z convertible...which disappeared from a "friends" property while he was in the midst of a nasty divorce; another uninsured loss. EDIT: I honestly think the Italia was the most beautiful of all the limited-production Italian semi-exotics.
  13. Hello Everybody! There are a few good things about having multiple builds going on at once. One is that if a particular build starts to become an annoyance, there's always another build that you work on. This can give you some valuable off from the one that's troubling you, allowing you to let that one simmer on the back burner of your mind for a while. So, while I fuss and fume with the frustrations of my Herbie the Love Bug build, I turn my attention once again to the Ford Hardtop. A quick test fit to check the door alignment. This is also a test of the new BMF I ordered. It works well! After cleaning up the green overspray and other masking mishaps I decided to spray another coat of Racing White on the front fenders. This will patch up a couple of areas that got thinned out during the cleanup and even out any shade differences between the fenders and hood. The front fenders came out well enough that after allowing them to cure for several days, I went on with masking for the paint on the rear half. There's actually eight days between these last two photos. The march continues! As always, thanks for stopping by for a look and please feel free to post a comment. David G.
  14. There is lots of (mis)information out on the Interwebs. We have to realize this and remember to trust, but verify whether what we read or see online is factual or someone's (incorrect) opinion. Here, if you actually read past the scary title of this thread you will see posts like this one (also back from 2021). Over on the Spotlight board this same rumor cam up last week. So, Dave Darby actually went to the source, Testors, and got a response. The Testors line is NOT GOING AWAY!!! They are in the process of dropping all the sub-lines like they announced last year. But the rumor that the entire Testors line is going away appears to be perpetuated by modelers and even hobby shops and distributors playing a bad game of "telephone". Not saying anyone is doing it purposely, but the misinformation is rampant.
  15. Mocked up this one a couple of weeks ago.MPC Dust Devil glue bomb cab.Andy Lesiak 3D printed Dually bed from his Crew Cab Dually kit with Zforcemodelworx 24” CK Chevy Dually Wheels/Tires.
  16. I honestly don't see what anyone sees in these things. I think the Homermobile had more style. Sorry just my opinion..
  17. Today
  18. Saw this Cybertruck yesterday parked at a shopping center near where I live.
  19. Simply beautiful!😎
  20. and also Ford banjo rear ends to fit the Revell kits, but not with torque tube. also some very nice finned brake drums. cheers, Graham
  21. Super clean, beautiful 442!πŸ‘
  22. Beautiful work Scott! I like how the two coppers complement each other, and that engine is a work of art.πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž
  23. Glad to see I’m not the only one that likes HotWheels. This has double and almost tripled since this picture.
  24. Sweet looking Willys! It deserves 1st place.😎
  25. That's beautiful! I have that kit too, it's my favorite body style, next to the 78-79 models.
  1. Load more activity