Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks Ron! As always, you are one of my best hopes! I appreciate it a bunch! Steve
  3. I was there, but since I arrived after noon, several trucks had already left. It's particularly disappointing when it's a long drive for me.
  4. It's a waste of a good '71 Riv is what it is. 🤢
  5. The paisley roadster comes from a 1973 issue of Hot Rod, while I've apparently had the little slip of paper with the steam car ad since the '90s but can't recall where I got it. I've been unable to find any info on the car, if any were built.
  6. Looking for one of these, preferably unbuilt. LMK what you want on trade. Thanks!
  7. This is why I am NEVER without a book, or at least 3 or 4 magazines I haven't yet read. And a full pack of smokes.
  8. Me neither, but restorable builtups can be quite reasonable. I've managed to score several in the $30-$45 range, which isn't bad at all considering what common new kits sell for. The Revell Corvettes and the oft-reissued AMT '63s help keep the prices of originals down somewhat. If those didn't exist, it's hard to imagine what original AMT C2 Vettes would sell for in ANY condition!
  9. Got the body cleared today. I have to say the Gravity Colors clear is awesome. This is the first time I’ve actually mixed paint and it was simple. I laid down 2 mist coats, then 2 more moderately heavy coats, and finally 2 heavy wet coats. I have to say after 3 hrs in the dehydrator, it has leveled out almost perfect.
  10. Today
  11. Yeah, I get all that - mentioning it in this thread in case anyone was wondering. I was just happy to see my LHS had them back in stock and I could get one.
  12. Wow, awesome work David, fantastic job on the box art build.
  13. Thank you all!!! I was searching for something interesting that would peek out of the two removed side covers. I really like the idea of big intakes feeding all of the turbines, but I just cant find anything that fits the shape. I need to fill the space with something and the theme is "steampunk junker" So I took 2 rims from a 1/25th semi and wrapped it with styrene. I use the hexagon rod styrene for the bolt heads. The front facing the grill has blades like a turbine. I'll include photos of it later. I experimented with different grills. This one was the best. It's recessed deep and looks aggressive. There's rust holes in some of the seams. I've moved the two main thrusters down to give more clearance for the side thrusters and the rear bumper. The fenders, doors and bed are full of dents and dings. I lost the hood last weekend! I have searched everywhere. I think I left it under the hood of my daughter's car. It's a long story and I feel like an idiot. I need to purchase another kit. I've searched all the hobby stored here in town and can't find it. I'll probably have to order it. I will find and put up a few that I have. I just need to find them on my phone. I have a couple on my PC. The side thrusters are 1/2 a V8 engine block with a few large diameter styrene tubes attached. You can see the transmission housings facing towards the middle of the car. My son gave me a few of his old Gundam kits when he moved out. If you have any interest in building a hover car, I highly suggest taking parts from your kids Gundam kits. They're never going to build them anyways........ I use wheel rims for the main body of the intake and exhaust. Lots of styrene tube of different diameters.
  14. The Mack hood like the one on model were fiberglass.
  15. Interesting...it was I who posted that article on the SMCars site. 🙂 I have now posted the complete article in a new thread. in the 1:1 Reference section of this forum I don't recall seeing the silver/grey RHD car before though, so I find that one of interest. Note that the registrations on the cars shown in the RHD car above, the one reviewed in the article, and a third one in the ad I posted with it are all different. So how many were there?
  16. Great job, KJ. Well done.
  17. I have a Bonneville hardtop and convertible in the stash. I have to see if I have any extra parts. If I do, ill let you know. I will be away for a week, but I'll check my box when I return.
  18. mrmike

MG-TC

Thank you Geoff!
  19. Hi! Great rod! Brings me back to the cigar store where I was buying Hot Rod Magazine in the early 60's... Nostalgia... CT
  20. Compare the advertising copy in this ad to the review above.
  1. Load more activity