Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks, Doc.... not sure I can source that, BUT I did find some possible hinges at Model Car Garage that might do the trick, maybe check them out for your next build, as it may save some time, they are called "Big Rig piano hinges"........... thanks and your build is wonderful ! Jeff
  3. So I am going to be gluing hood scoops on my 71 Demon kit and I have a black out decal on the hood. What glue should i use that won't destroy the decal and hold the scoops on ? Thanks
  4. Choose one or walk your arse off getting to where you venture
  5. Bob, I have become a big fan of epoxy especially the clear kind that comes in dropper bottles that you can use over and over again. Such a wonderful substance.
  6. If you are not determined to scratch-build one yourself you can just look for the model kit once made by MRC:
  7. Another unbelievably awesome build from your bench, Pierre. Your mastery of weathering is better than I've seen anywhere else and so realistic and not overdone to the point of not being believable. It truly looks like you went back in time and obtained the real winning car and shrunk it down to 1/24 scale. And you always pick subject matter that is so interesting to learn and marvel at how back in 1955 such complex high-powered machinery was already in use and could take the high-speed beating that they took and still finish after 10 hours and a few minutes of utter machine breaking abuse by the super talented and brave drivers of the time. Thank you so much for building this project and sharing it with us mere mortals.
  8. It' my understanding that the Revival moulds are long gone, but if someone decides to prove me wrong, I will not be upset.
  9. Very competent conversion to make a very unique model. Brilliant work Michael. The standard Volvo Amazon is a very nice looking car in its own right too. Just out of casual interest Ixo Collections make a 1/8th scale kit of the Amazon that looks really good.
  10. Trains, planes, or automobiles, which method do you choose?
  11. Food coloring is not intense enough to use without multiple coats nor is it light fast. You'll have clear windows again after a little while depending on how and where your car is displayed.
  12. Trains are always interesting to me. Thanks for the bit of history on the real and replica trains.
  13. Yea! I'm getting a bit disappointed about having nothing to irk me today ! Wait a second ! I'm getting irked at my disappointment about not getting irked ! Problem solved ! Lol.
  14. Actually you will have to add quite a bit of food coloring to make the tinting visible. Worth a try since Future can be removed easily, but I suspect that as excess Future runs off or pools on the surface, the tinting will be streaky and uneven.
  15. The AMT kit is a newer style cab than the Duel truck cab, the Duel truck was a 50's cab as the 281/351 came 1954 and the Duel truck was a 1957 after what I have found out during my research, the AMT small window Unilite cab California Hauler kit is a 60's cab, the 359 came 1967 and the kit is from 1969. About the rear window, yes it's a sliding panel.
  16. I sure hope you meant DOT3 brake fluid, not brake clean!! Brake clean will instantly attack and ruin polystyrene.
  17. Today
  18. I'm sorry, man.................. Something will come along, I'm certain!
  19. When Model King was working with Revell doing reissues and I was helping, we looked at this Renwal kit.......which I think could be viable. Thanks
  20. Just to bring up another experience ,I visit the forum regularly throughout most of the day (from around 8am to midnight), and have not experienced any hangs here. My browser is Seamonkey.
  21. You guys think that some food coloring in a bit of Future would do the trick? Then the glass pieces could just be dipped in..........
  22. "Parlor cars" aren't often seen on American railroads anymore, other than high-end tourist trains.
  23. Didn't realize the 70'Malibu conversion was available now.
  24. Nice and clean looking build!!👍
  25. And I always thought that 1/8th scale model cars were enormous. These Ectomobiles are a tad more than enormous ! I mean, where do you put such things in an average home? Tried the link to Blitzway's website. Found it really wanting in places on my tablet as I could not look at anything properly on it. Or was it just me? I gave up on it in the end.
  1. Load more activity