Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Wow - that’s awesome! I hadn’t heard of Scale Speed Works before, but I’ll be checking them out - thanks for the heads-up!
  3. I bought that kit at Jack's Hobby Shop in 1970 for $2.49. Lotta loot for a ten year old back then.
  4. Mike, thanks but neither of the parts pictured are the ones I need.
  5. They look great to me, you're too hard on yourself, well I guess we all are because we know where our mistakes are! Nothing ever comes out perfect for me either, the important part is we are enjoying our hobby.
  6. Decals going down. Unfortunately the decals have yellowed some, but I'm just enjoying the process.
  7. Pizza is one of my favourite foods.
  8. Today
  9. Brings back a few time warp memories from when we had a track in town. Cool stuff, very nicely done. thank you for posting!
  10. Another tractor brand I'm not familiar with. I hope they'd consider a 1920s Fordson.
  11. Hello Chris, thank you and I cannot imagine what it would be like.
  12. Ok, it's all a bit rough at the moment, painted black this morning, but here it is. It will depict a specific car and race, more to follow. Dave B
  13. You should always thoroughly cook road-kill even if it looks like pizza.
  14. Thank you! Yes I was thinking it would be too dark but it actually looks really good.
  15. Stupid thought, but what about RIT dye? I've heard of people using that to tint plastic lenses on glasses.
  16. These ladder-looking parts were designed to stiffen the wooden frame.
  17. I use a combination of things to clean up after stripping parts: toothbrush, bamboo skewers, needle files, the tip of an X-Acto knife... There never seems to be one solution.
  18. Ok, some time ago I posted this as a project on the go. Well, it stalled until my mate could print me a grill, which it turns out he couldn't. I've ended up making the correct grill for the car I'm building from fuse wire so I'm back into it. More to follow shortly. PS, it will be no where near as good as Andrew's!! Dave B
  19. The 4 gray braces are designed to stabilize the axles from side to side movement.
  20. Awesome build Tommy! You nailed the color and the door cuts are so crisp. This car is so simple it's easy to screw up.
  21. I started working on race cars in the mid '60s with a friend in our neighborhood who had a homebuilt trailer made from those old landing strip pads that somehow appeared in his yard that were almost identical to the one that the BLM was using to make erosion dams in the area uphill from the Shasta Dam😉, the mines in the area had killed virtually every kind of natural coverage and they were trying to keep the lake from filling up with silt before it could get a good chance of being full of water. I have looked about everywhere for that matting in 1/24th or 1/25th scale and this is about as close as possible. The mats he used have smaller holes that are around 1 and a 1/2 inches in diameter. It made a strong light trailer and with some old Rambler spindles it was pretty easy to make a trailer that we could load most cars without ramps by just using a floor jack to lift the tongue a couple of inches.
  22. I've got a complete, unbuilt kit stuck away somewhere, and after reviewing the instructions Ace provided, it looks like adding wider wheels and tires should be fairly simple without any major modifications or extra parts. Thanks so much for your generous offer. This board has amazed me many times by the way other members step up with parts, info and advice for other modelers, and you're obviously of the same mindset.
  1. Load more activity