Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro street AMT 1958 Impala?

Has anyone built the AMT 58 Impala as a pro street? Thinking about it but wondering about a chassis swap. Wondering if any pro street kits might get me close as my fab skills are still kinda basic at this point. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Find the prostreet coronet. It has the best prostreet hardware and tires. I have done several prostreets with it. I just cut the back half and adapt to the kits frame and floorpan. Never used the chevelle one.

Since you're building a Chevy, I would definitely go with the Revell '67 Chevelle pro street. You'll get a lot more usable parts with it than you would with the '70 Coronet Super Bee. Or.. if you want a full tube chassis, get one of the Revell '57 Chevy Pro Sportsman kits.

I'm building '58 Chevy Sedan Delivery Pro Street, and for that body, AMT '66 Nova ProStreet chassis fits. It needs to be a bit wider than original, and you will need to stretch the front frame and rear floor, but those are really easy to do modifications. I guess the chassis fits to AMT '58 Impala, too.

Oh well I got AMT '58 Impala and that chassis, as well as Pro Sportsman chassis... I can do a test fit for you.