Model Cars Magazine Forum

All of our completed 2014 truck builds!

Sam, thats a Peterbilt 351 built from junk parts. I had a resin unilite cab, and started there. I made it a 6x6 so I put drive hubs on the front. There are many innacuracies, but it was built a very long time ago, and it still looks good. 1.jpg

thanks Terry, it does look good, I always liked hubs that sort of stuck out past the wheels, the only truck I can reference is the cargo truck from Idiana jones and the raiders of the lost ark, anyways, good lookin truck, is the shovel a die Cast?

thanks Terry, it does look good, I always liked hubs that sort of stuck out past the wheels, the only truck I can reference is the cargo truck from Idiana jones and the raiders of the lost ark, anyways, good lookin truck, is the shovel a die Cast?

Yeah, its a speccast 1:25 dragline. They made a shovel too, but they are hard to find now. Its a cool piece.

wow guys, that's an incredible bunch of builds, everyone! these would all make for one super table at a show for sure.

if interested, the 'case' i have the prostar in is from Garry Wallace of GW trucks, i picked it up at the fulton model show, very nice display case.

Very nice to see all your great Big Rigs builtups, some really beautiful pieces :wub:

We surely are in a great period with all those reissues from Round2 (AMT) Revell (Monogram) & brand new Moebius kits, makes me happy to see that truck modeling is still strong & alive :) after a darker period! When i see all those US reissued truck kits in original boxes on the shelves of my LHS(s) in 2014, reminds me of the hobby shops of the 70s early 80s, growing up, with "tons" of trucks & trailers kits, back then, "stacked" on shelves during the "golden era" of US truck kits ;) :

Picture283_zps211d4530.jpg

Picture125_zps717bbf19.jpg

Wow, what a great pleasure it has been looking over the past three pages. I did not see anything I wouldnt want on my shelf. All of you guys are amazing with your trucks.

This year was pretty sparse for model building.

I have two that I finished -

An old Cali Hauler off ebay that the engine was built by "Glue Bombed Industries"

P5313486.jpg

And Freightliner Coe I backdated to 1968

P3053205.jpg

You guys have definetly motivated me to get back to work. :)

Glue Bomb Industries, huh.....Lol...That's a good one, Sean.....I like what you did with it, though....And your Freightliner is the "stuff", Baby....That's a really good build.....

I do like that KW, there P. Gill....Looks awesome....Great shot of it.....

And Pavel....Man, I can't even begin to describe how good those rigs look....You got some amazing skills, Man.....That's some of the best weathering and assembly I've ever seen.....The detail is astounding.....

Hope I didn't miss anybody.....

Like others have said, there ain't nothing here I wouldn't like to see on MY shelf, either.....

Edited by kilrathy10

Nice Stuff! And a great thread idea.

This year for myself, Dipstick, and Lugnut spent 90% of our time on a 1/16 W900 Gold Nugget. Lots of fun.

A couple of "quick saves" included a cameo appearance from Billy Dee Williams and Morgan Fairchild from the horrid TV movie "Time Bomb" and its main character the equally horrid Aero Astro. It was later repainted into General Motors fleet colors. And not semi related, was a stab at a "post race" 1/16 Petty Charger after meeting the "king" himself..

2015 will continue with Lugnut pounding away on the scatchbuild above the frame rails 1/16 GMC General and a 1/25 AMT tanker trailer.

Peace.

final10-vi.jpggoldnuggetfinal7-vi.jpgfinal9-vi.jpggoldnugget-vi.jpg

final7-vi.jpgcabbuild2005-vi.jpginterior22002-vi.jpgaeroastrorework005-vi.jpg114640312046001402174201_thumb-vi.jpgfinalareobluesilver-vi.jpg