Model Cars Magazine Forum

I found this today while looking for something else. I vaguely recall finding the plastic parts for the bear's head in a model that my brother had given me. I remember painting and assembling it and mounting it on this wooden plaque, envisioning some sort of diorama of maybe a natural history museum or a hunter's den. Not really sure what I was going for. Any idea where this came from? Is there a series of plastic models of wild animals?

DSCN3251.jpg

I think Aurora had a "wildlife series" but what you did is way cool.

I initially thought those have been reissued by a company called Atlantis, but I think I'm wrong. I currently have the Black Bear and Cubs kit, but there's a bison, and white stallion kit. The Atlantis bear head is quite a bit different from what yours looks like - http://www.atlantis-models.com/blackbeard110modelkit-1-1.aspx

I remember there was a white tail deer and bear from way back when - don't remember the manufacturer.

Now that I've poked around on their site a bit, these are reissues of the Aurora kits. Atlantis tends to be oriented more toward sci-fi and figures than cars. A little more info about the company: http://www.atlantis-models.com/about-us.aspx

Edited by SSNJim

Thanks, guys, for your responses. Casey, that is indeed the source. I've got no idea how this thing came to be in my possession. I don't recall finding anything other than the head. I'll have to check with my brother to see if he recalls having this bear kit.