Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Fever Challenger

dragin70s

Thanks guys. Chassis/engine pics to come, accidentally deleted all of those so must redo.

'Hippie Dude": Yes, that's the MK Challenger kit. Officially my least favorite kit ever.

I never saw a review of this kit and though I have opened mine, I never really checked it out... are there any problems with the kit? Yours came out really nice.

Johnbuzzed: Aw heck, maybe I'm being too picky. It just seemed a little too "simple" for lack of a better term. Never built any FCs that weren't Revell or Monogram, so it was just different. When I get the chassis pics up maybe it will show, maybe not.

Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Hey Dragin70's. So is there anything bad I need to know about this kit man? The stance looks pretty good man is that how it comes out of the box or did ya mod it mate? I know with the Revell kits you have to lower them. Just curious man because I want to build this car dude

LgInvaderChallenger2.jpg

Looks good. I started one of this car and had major decal issues so I got disgusted and shelved it .

Floppers Rule

And I'm not bashing , just making a gentle suggestion

but just as an fyi

neither car pictured here used the chassis style in the MK challenger funny car.

The Johan challenger is a more accurate choice.

Johan on the left - MPC / model king version on the right .

FC-Chassis.JPG

Edited by gtx6970

Thanks all for comments.

Gtx6970: I'm not offended at all, actually, that is a big part of why I didn't like this kit. It was a little hard to get motivated using what I knew was the wrong chassis. I used the kit chassis and built the car, but I have the intention of mating up my body (which I am very pleased with) with the correct chassis in the future.

HippieDude: Oh yes mods are necessary. Doghouse modified to fit over linkages at blower hat among others. Seems like every tin is a major pain.

Cool, the only problem is that Johan kits are hard to come by here in OZ. Would the new Judge GTO chassis be the right one?

Cheers

I believe the Model King GTO and the Cougar are close if not one and the same

But, even though I have several of each I don't have one handy right now to compare, but from what I do know it would be closer than the MK challenger chassis

ps, Johan challengers are all over Ebay ( I just bought 3 myself ) typically they run in the $25-$35 range

Your best choice chassis wise is the Revell Hawaiian. I'm not sure how close the wheelbase it but it should be real close.

MIke

I never even thought about that one, even any of the Polar Lights chassis could be a good fit.

The problem with any of them besides the Johan kit is going to be interior tin choices that fit the MK challenger body with a reasonable amount of work

Either way, to the OP, my apologies for the hijak, I think it looks great and would have no problems putting it on my shelf.

If I may, what did you use for the body color ?

as a general rule the Model King Challenger is accurate for builds representing cars from approx 1972 thru 1974 ish

with the Johan more accurate for 1970 thru approx 1972 ish

all depending on individual teams and funding determined how often they updated / changed rides

Edited by gtx6970