Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does Danica Patrick’s lighter weight give her an advantage at Daytona?

slusher

Daniel Tosh on Danica Patrick

Tosh is an idiot. The Last Place comment is undeserving. Rarely has she been in last place. There are generally 10 to 15 drivers behind her every race but they are never made fun of because they are guys and we all know those guys are better than Danica....NOT. And she is very pretty to my eyes. Love her smile.

Yes she is...I've seen her in person a couple of times. And now that her major sponsor (based here in AZ) is a client of my company, maybe I'll get to meet her and say hi.. :)

I've said 'Hi' and a little more, more than once. She had a mailbox at the same UPS Store as I. Ran into her a couple of times. Sweeeeeeeeet.

B)

Then the Lovely and Gracious Mrs. B decided I didn't need to spend so much time and the mailbox and she started picking up the mail. Dang!

I've said 'Hi' and a little more, more than once. She had a mailbox at the same UPS Store as I. Ran into her a couple of times. Sweeeeeeeeet.

B)

Then the Lovely and Gracious Mrs. B decided I didn't need to spend so much time and the mailbox and she started picking up the mail. Dang!

Jealous, are we?

Oh, she's a doll, no doubt about it, but boy, is she tiny! Guess you almost have to be to fit into Indy/F-1 cars.

Charlie Larkin

• 1 month later...

He doesn't mince words on the subject but does admit that she is good for publicity for the sport.

I find it funny how Tony Stewart has no problem having her on his team (because she came with sponsorship no doubt) despite a lack of competitiveness while he was upset his partner added Kurt Busch who demonstrated last year that he could drive a race car and contend for wins more often than Danica.

I was never a huge Petty fan.I respect his winning 7 championships and his goodwill ambassador role.But I've always thought that getting 200 wins was over blown.It was a lot easier to rack up wins when the circuit raced 3 and 4 times a week for several years at short tracks in the southeast.Put that many races on the schedule now and see how many drivers quickly pile up the wins.

He's not wrong, but it doesn't mean Danica's presence doesn't mean anything. Inevitably, somewhere down the road, women will be racing and winning, and Danica will be remembered as someone who initiated that. I don't think it's fair to say she's not a race car driver (Kyle Petty), but if she's not winning, she's not winning. And Richard is right, because she's a woman, she's garnered a lot of attention and it's been good for the sport.

All Time Races run but never had a win

1) JD McDuffie, 653 [never finished a race on the lead lap]

2) Buddy Arrington, 563 [some have 560]

3) Neil Castles, 498 [some have 501]

4) Dave Blaney 466*

5) Jimmy Means, 455

6) Cecil Gordon, 449

7) G.C. Spencer, 416

8) Frank Warren, 398

9) Henley Gray, 374

10) Rick Mast, 364

11) Kenny Wallace, 344

12) Ed Negre, 337

13) Hut Stricklin, 328

14) Jabe Thomas 322

15) John Sears 318

16) Roy Tyner 311

17) Ted Musgrave 305

18) Dick Trickle 303

19) Bill Champion 289

20) Mike Skinner 286

21) Richard Childress 285

(NASCAR Statistics)(11-17-2013)

He doesn't mince words on the subject but does admit that she is good for publicity for the sport.

I find it funny how Tony Stewart has no problem having her on his team (because she came with sponsorship no doubt) despite a lack of competitiveness while he was upset his partner added Kurt Busch who demonstrated last year that he could drive a race car and contend for wins more often than Danica.

That is the only reason why SHR has her in a car, is the pay check that they get to cash from Go Daddy, and that is not a slam on Danica, that is a fact, NASCAR has become a pay to drive, and anyone with the right amount of money can go racing, its sad, but that is the world we live in. So many talented drivers are sitting at home watching the races on TV because they dont have a big check book to put them in a race car.

I would love to see what Johanna Long could do with the top level equipment that Danica has, She is a very talented driver , and did very well for driving third rate race cars for team that pretty much no budget

Edited by martinfan5

• 4 weeks later...