Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hoppers bazaar on ebay

I have bought from him on two separate occasions - as good a product as you can hope for, quick delivery and he seems like a pretty stand up guy. He has more products in the wings and he is right now supplying a very limited market as the second gen Camaro aren't that popular it seems. With some encouragement and sales, I think that he has good potential as the items that I bought were not only impossible to find elsewhere ( a non Z 28 grille, for one ) but the fit and quality is excellent. I'll be buying more from him as his product line evolves and grows. He grasps the concept that not everyone wants a Z28 just because they want a Camaro. What he really needs to cast is a decent, more accurate and detailed ( as in separate arm rests and console that is shaped right ) interior for the 1/24 Camaros. Yeah - I'd go with Hoppers Bazaar in a heart beat.

Mike use my link in first post to find him

Gary, thx for input -was more interested in his gto stuff for now. But his Camaro parts did not go unnoticed :) not sure if you have ever bought from Kevin @ Missing Link but if you have how does quality compare?

I noticed you have to type the name as one word. HoppersBazaar. I ran across some the parts on ebay and noticed the name was one word. Looks like good stuff. Wish they had some Rally II wheels for a Firebird so I wouldnt have to mess with "Reliable" Resins.

He has a bunch of new stuff listed now that he didn't have a couple of weeks ago including a proper shaped console for a 2nd Gen Camaro. If you email him, you may be surprised at how helpful he can be. I have found him to be open to suggestions and he tries his best to help. He definitely has good products and fast delivery and appears to be quite serious about what he is doing.. Now, if he would cast a decent interior bucket with some good detailing on the side panels... Hope this helps.

azers, on 08 Jan 2015 - 1:35 PM, said:

I say give him time I wish he would sell his 2nd gen convertible conversion stuff separately.

You may well be right. I just bought a second generation console from him that looks SO much better than the ones in the late 70's - 81 kits that I have seen. He got the shifter right ( for an automatic ) and with some encouragement and support, he will likely be expanding even more than he has. He seems to be heavy into wheels but I'd email him with any requests and see what happens.

There were a few hold ups on the conversion from Z28 to Berlinetta project that I have been slowly working on over the past - well - forever, it seems - and he is coming through with the stuff that I wanted to make the car that I am doing more accurate. Still need that more detailed interior bucket though.. I'll likely build a second Berlinetta for myself as this one is for my son and at least I know where to get the parts. A 80/81 convertible body wit boot and up top would be really cool too. I know that it isn't difficult to make a T roof car into a convertible, but at this point, I'd just as soon buy a good resin body if it is reasonably priced and te quality is decent. It doesn't hurt to dream...

I noticed you have to type the name as one word. HoppersBazaar. I ran across some the parts on ebay and noticed the name was one word. Looks like good stuff. Wish they had some Rally II wheels for a Firebird so I wouldnt have to mess with "Reliable" Resins.

Try Scale Equipment LTD. Excellent quality multi-piece wheel sets.

John

My console arrived yesterday - 3 days earlier than it should have. I am VERY happy with the console as the proportioning looks pretty darned good and it has the correct shifter. It will definitely look SO much better than the crude kit part. Now maybe I can work the seats into a little bit different position so that there is room for a realistic looking pair of arm rests and door pulls to replace the cast in/engraved ones on the interior bucket. Also, I was really surprised with how much stuff he has added to his offerings and he is selling the convertible conversion parts that I would like to buy for an OK price. This guy gets REALLY top ratings from me as a seller.. can't say enough good things about him and no, I am not grand standing for him because he is a friend. Just passing on some good news. Now I'm sittin' here patiently waiting for that much improved and detailed interior bucket with real door pulls and arm rests ...pickinnose.gif

Edited by impcon