Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin 49 or 50 Ford car grille

Well, after several tries at making my own grille I may have it. Check it out so far.

DSCN5179.jpg

DSCN5180.jpg

DSCN5181.jpg

And with the left over bullet I have a custom speedo for my dash.

DSCN5182.jpg

I guess it never hurts to keep trying to overcome failure....unless your talking skydiving.

Later-

Here's the point that I'm at now. I realize that this is'nt the right place to post this so I'll make these the last photos. I'm just proud of the results so far and have to show it off. LOL! I still have a bit of touching up to do and then I'll take it to my buddy to Alclad it for me. I do appreciate the info on Modelhaus. I have a JF resin 49 body and two older 49 kits and a 50 convertible that I only have one grille left for. I'll need a few.

DSCN5185.jpg

DSCN5183.jpg

DSCN5186.jpg

Later-

Thanks David. I did a little more touching up on it yesterday and it looks better. The underside of the top bar was not straight on the driver's side. I think I have it fixed now. Just a quick shot of primer and it is off to my buddy's for Alclad.

Later-

A little bit. The first one I tried I foolishly removed the straight bar at the very bottom first and once i cut out the bullet I had two halves. It was too dificult to line the two halves up because the bars are not the same thickness as they curve up to the center. Once i realized I needed to leave the bottom there to hold it together then it was difficult to cut the bullet out without breaking the bottom bar.

Later-