Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scissor Door Hinge *Tested and passed*

• 2 weeks later...

Took a minute to develop this but its considered the achilles of many modelers and practically out of reach for builders lacking the proper skills but with this set youll have consistent hinges no more one door opens more than another. it all assembles with a brass pin that you will have to supply.
icSAgGJ.jpg
84j3PGS.jpg

I put them in a sampler tree 2 lambo, 2 regular hinges. The regular hinges are modern as the door will swing inwards into the fender same as the lambo door without the vertical feature
03vikTr.jpg.

Took a minute to develop this but its considered the achilles of many modelers and practically out of reach for builders lacking the proper skills but with this set youll have consistent hinges no more one door opens more than another. it all assembles with a brass pin that you will have to supply.

How is the second Lambo hinge arm designed to be retained to the bracket? I would think the brass rod/tube's top and bottom ends could be flared on the vertical pivot allowing it to stay in place, but the other pin would need some mushrooming after assembly to retain the hinge. Does heat work the same way on the 3D printed medium like it does on styrene?

How is the second Lambo hinge arm designed to be retained to the bracket? I would think the brass rod/tube's top and bottom ends could be flared on the vertical pivot allowing it to stay in place, but the other pin would need some mushrooming after assembly to retain the hinge. Does heat work the same way on the 3D printed medium like it does on styrene?

theres a ring lock the harder you push the tighter then lamborghini portion gets but hopefully no one over does it thats what im going to find out also the pin is press fit against the base but the "hinging" portion is slip fit

I know many modelers do not have access to a pop rivet gun, but you possibly could drill out the hinge retainer and pop rivet that together.

no room for it its a really small hinge

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am very happy its all glued into place with CA for testing but its worked only problem is friction it drops hard gonna do some slight adjustments to the door mount area. i cant make a stop post to keep the door from swinging down you have to figure out your own way reason i did this was to make it as universal as possible.

DWb1Udv.jpg
zGvIVJL.jpg
PDePGPI.jpg
suUiqRZ.jpg
ocFKluy.jpg
z5VS8MM.jpg
kokITI4.jpg

• 2 months later...