Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tossing around the idea for a CB

Austin T

After seeing the Mustang estate wagon and pick-up what about having a CB where we turn a regular 2-door or 4-door car in to a truck?It could be a prototype,custom,or a utilitarian truck.It would be just for fun,no prizes or winners,maybe end sometime in late December for a deadline. If there is any interest in this idea post what else you think can be done with a CB like this.

Austin, I like the idea and it reminds me a of a great article Pat Covert wrote a few years back (which then became a chapter in his model truck book) about building a BEAUTIFUL UTE, a phantom pick up truck.

I think this could very well turn out to be a fun CB, sure. I have a million and three unfinished projects and CBs, so why not one more, right?

I can see a Mini Cooper turned pickup utility vehicle. :o

Austin, I like the idea and it reminds me a of a great article Pat Covert wrote a few years back (which then became a chapter in his model truck book) about building a BEAUTIFUL UTE, a phantom pick up truck.

I think this could very well turn out to be a fun CB, sure. I have a million and three unfinished projects and CBs, so why not one more, right?

I can see a Mini Cooper turned pickup utility vehicle. :o

Cool idea Dr.C. that reminds me I saw where someone had chopped the back off of a mini and welded a truck bed on the back,It looked crazy!I like your idea a lot better then the one I saw.The car that's been in the back of my head for this has been in my head has been a Plymouth Cuda or a 59 caddy.I think this would be a good one to start but I'm currently wrapped up with the Revell Gears contest that's going on.Maybe once it's done I can start one.

I have one of these in the works currently for the "Parts Box" CBP. I'm using up parts left over from the Jo-Han '60 Fury wagon/'57 Chrysler 300C kitbash that I'm building for the "Cannonball" CBP. The body of the Chrysler has already been converted into a decent looking ute. Sadly, it has to go on the old, way simplified Jo-Han Plymouth chassis with the "Lump Of Plastic" Jo-Han Plymouth engine. It will most likely become a curbside. Still, I may just have to withdraw it from that CBP and come up with another idea for it so that I can enter the Chrysler ute in THIS one! I also have a "Corvair Camino" that stalled a few years ago that I could dust off for this thing.

Ok guys I think I will make this official to start toward the end of May,Glad to see lots of interest.

This could be fun, does the kit have to be unstarted?, or can do this to an already built kit?

I'm not going to be strict on built up kits or curbsides,but I would like to start with a new kit/gluebomb.I would also accept kits that have partially been started. Edited by Austin T

I turned a Ford Galaxy into a pretty decent one. Open topped, Countach interior and wheels. Candy organ/yellow fade. Too bad I never took any photos of it. It's long gone now.

Sounds pretty interesting, maybe you should try and re-create it.