Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Chevy Pick Up--Shop Workhorse

Finally, I got the new MPC kit, and I'm so excited to get my hands another one. It's my favorite kit, so here goes a new build . . . hope you guys stay tuned in for the fun of the gunk & rust! LONG LIVE RUST!

007-vi.jpg

I am going to use all the new parts too, including the front bumper board (I will use real wood though) and the roof light, etc . . . and I've gone ahead an built from scratch a bed frame to hold wood, tubing, tools, etc . . .

006-vi.jpg

003-vi.jpg

All the body modification shave been made, and now it's ready for primer . . .

Stay tuned in for more styrene fun . . . .

Thanks, Henry . . . we'll see how it goes in these first few days . . . I feel good about this kit once again being available. Two years ago when I felt that hankering for building another I ended up paying a pretty petty for one.

When I got back into the hobby about twelve years ago, this kit was on sale at Wal-Mart for 7.95 and I must have bought a dozen of them. Built a whole bunch, gave 3 away (the only models I've ever given to friends) and they were returned to me in pieces . . .

So I quickly learned several lessons:

1) never give your work away,

2) when a kit you like is available (and that cheap) buy more than you need,

3) a good kit is worth building several times.

Needless to say I am one happy camper at the bench. :D

Doc, that's too KOOL!!! I saw a '52 Ford for sale up here last year but, at the time was short on cash. If I would have been able to afford it I was going to put a ladder rack on it and the drive train out of my 2nd '94 F150. It would have been a 6 cyl with a 5 speed... Gotta keep my eyes on this one too...