Model Cars Magazine Forum

PERRO VERDE : 37 FORD PICKUP

I decided to run a fuel line from the tank, since i was dumb, and didnt remember that the fuel tank is behind the seat! LOL ill have to relocate the filler neck as well...

its probably tough to see in the pics, but its there...

line1002.jpg

line1003.jpg

i terminated the line at the bottom of the firewall, and added a "fitting", ill run the rest of it when the engine gets in there.

line1004.jpg

i also added a new drainplug to the bottom of the tank........

line1001.jpg

now i will figure out where the filler neck/ fuel cap will be...........hmmmmm, possibly in the bed, not really sure yet. maybe at the rear of the left rear fender, theres alot of room behind it...

thanks for lookin guys!

more to come

bryan

Your weathering looks like the real thing. I'm a big fan of the Flathead, can't wait to see your progress on it.

thank you Ron! i appreciate the kind words!! thank you to everyone that has commented, thats what keeps me goin!

more to come

bryan

ok, i am thinking about doing some minor rust holes in this one......the black marker indicates where they will be. im not positive about it yet tho......you guys let me know what you think...

very bottom of the front fenders and a little around the headlight mounts......

rusty8001.jpg

the sides of the front fenders....

rusty8004.jpg

and of course, the cab corners...

rusty8003.jpg

which will all end up looking like this.........well, not quite as heavy as this 58 impala. this impala was the first rusty car i ever did, i think it was back in 05, maybe 06...

heres a couple shots of that rusted out hulk!

rusty8006.jpg

rusty8008.jpg

this was the car that broke my "rusty cherry"........and i havent stopped since!

lemme know what you think about the idea guys. thanks in advance for your input, its appreciated!

cheers

bryan m

i finished filling and sanding the seams on my cobbled together flattie, and i noticed it was minus a tailshaft...... not that you will really see it, but it was buggin me!

flat8002.jpg

i found a donor flattie with a tailshaft and hacked it off.

flat8003.jpg

just a little more tweaking and it will fit just fine.

flat8006.jpg

thanks for lookin guys!

i think this session at the bench is gonna be an all-niter, im not even close to bein tired, so its time to get something done!

more to come

bryan

ok, i finished tweaking the tranny so it fits nice now........

glue002.jpg

the gaps between the new tailshaft and the main trans housing had to be filled, and i remembered i had this stuff.....

glue001.jpg

i dont know if you guys have ever used it, i got it from a company we used to order our supplies from (nuts, bolts, fasteners, urethane sealer, ect, ect) i got some of this and tried it out, and wow! this stuff is amazing...

it has an adhesive, sorta like superglue, but stronger, the other bottle is a welding powder. you can fill some crazy gaps with this stuff. you can even tap it out and put threads in it for bolts!! its a little expensive tho, our cost on it was like 30 bucks i think...... but it does perform very well. the next top-chop i do, im gonna try it out and see just how strong it is! it even comes with an instructional video.. if you ever get the chance, grab some! i cant get it anymore tho....bummer! but ive had this kit for well over a year and a half.

ok im babbling about glue, it is awesome....`nuff said! LOL

gonna take a short break for station identification, we`ll be right back!

stay tuned

Bryan

Edited by bryan_m

Thanks Dan & Cranky!

i havent made any progress today, i didnt fall asleep till 4 am or so, and i was back up at 730, so im kinda like a zombie today. ill be at the bench later tho......

stay tuned!

bryan

I started on the rust holes......it takes a really light touch to do this with a dremel, once you get it going you can watch the plastic start to "bubble", and it looks like its liquid....a little pressure and you can make the tiniest holes.......too much pressure and you`ll rip the fender off! LOL

heres a few shots

holes001.jpg

it leaves nice jagged edges and strange shaped holes.....its been a while since i have done this, so i hope i dont totally screw it up!

holes005.jpg

a couple shots sittin on the frame... once the "rust" is on there it will look so much better.

holes004.jpg

holes006.jpg

im not gonna go crazy with the holes, just a few here and there.....doing them around the headlamp mounts is out of the question tho.....not enuff room in there for the drum sander.

more to come, stay tuned. thanks for lookin!

cheers

bryan

Edited by bryan_m