Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here is what I have completed for now. My wife found me a Moebius 53' Reefer and got it for me when I got out of the hospital. I love trailers. I am going to use the Cummins from the freightliner kit she found at a yard sale. I think I will put the Detroit in the freightliner and make it a corn flake (CF) truck. Yes they had spokes on rear.

post-14129-0-16119900-1408378681_thumb.j

Yes they do, I can't wait for them to get the smooth side out. I am really hoping they produce a modern set of doubles with a silver eagle dolly. Also so hoping for a modern 53' reefer and dry container with chassis. In my lifetime I pulled tankers, reefers, dry vans, doubles, container/rail pigs and flat beds. One of the most unusual trailers I pulled was a roller trainer. I worked for a lumber company and I used it to deliver prebuilt wall panels. It was 48' long and the tandems would slide all the way up to the landing gear, then 2 hydraulic rams would lift the nose to set the rear end on the ground. It was a slick operation.

In the box my wife got me at a yard sale there was a Kenworth K100E aero cab, crappy paint job, I want to strip it and hopefully get a chassis so I can build it.

Updates:

Dropped a Cummins in the Transtar, added deck plat and pogo stick. Since the photo I have added the exhaust and breather supports, these are different from what came in the set due to the exhaust being on the drivers side. All of this is still a work in progress, I still need to put a turbo on the engine among other things.

I have also started work on the city truck.

Sorry the pictures are so fuzzy, shakes were bad today.

post-14129-0-47517400-1409129343_thumb.j

post-14129-0-31244100-1409129344_thumb.j

post-14129-0-04739500-1409129345_thumb.j

post-14129-0-63719400-1409129345_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Trucks have been moved into the new garage, it's just a temporary building, but has storage. Will be framing in the bay doors and hopefully working on the doors soon. Not soon is the companies new office beside the garage, an older combination passenger/cargo rail car. The passenger compartment will be converted to an office and the cargo bay to a private office.

BTW I know the floor is a little large for the scale, but it was the closest hobby lobby had.

post-14129-0-67072900-1409837679_thumb.j

post-14129-0-42447800-1409837680_thumb.j