Model Cars Magazine Forum

Update 7/7 A Kenny with Sentimental value

• 2 weeks later...

Got the frame pretty much straight finally and most of the plumbing I am going to do,got the tanks hung and would like to run some fuel lines to them but don't have a clue how when the tanks are staggered,also if anyone could help out on some plumbing ideas on the Cummins would be highly appreciated......as always ideas,comments good,bad and or ugly always welcome!!!!

052-3.jpg

Having all kinds of fun fitting this together,nothing lines up to well.

031-6.jpg

029-4.jpg

028-6.jpg

027-4.jpg

025-7.jpg

024-6.jpg

Thanks for lookin'.........

Mike,

I'm going by memory, but I'm pretty sure only Freightliners had bottom dead center fuel lines that connected the tanks. I think on your KW the fuel line would have come out of the front of the one tank about 1" above the bottom of the tank and then crossed over and gone into the back of the second tank. The the line would have come out of the front of the second tank and gone to the fuel filters. Basically the engine would only draw fuel out of the one tank because both tanks would stay equalized because of the cross-over line. Hope this makes sense? Now on trucks where the tanks were across from each other. the cross-over line connected to the back of both tanks and the feed link came out of the front of the left tank, except on Mack's, I think Mack's always would draw from the right tank. One last thing to remember, the cross-over line has to be level, the tanks are not pressurized and they work on the principle of "a fluid seeks it's own level"