Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelers guilt?

I guilt myself for letting myself down. I always know when contests are scheduled, I always plan projects for these events, and I almost always don't finish them in time, either because I goof off when I shouldn't have, or work on other items. I'm trying to put something together this year for the national convention in Cleveland, and I have every reason to presume that I'll muck that up too.

I always get that "shouldn't I be doing something else?" when I sit down to build. I don't build during the day weekends if it's nice outside when I could be doing yard work or house / car chores. Today it's snowing out and I am thinking.... should I be doing some paperwork? the taxes? is there anything I need to do for NNL East? That's the kind of stuff that haunts me when I want to build!

.... I always know when contests are scheduled, I always plan projects for these events, and I almost always don't finish them in time, either because I goof off when I shouldn't have, or work on other items. ...

reminds me when i used to write book reports on the schoolbus the day they were due

You know, I get it. I get the same feeling. Maybe not "guilt", but that's close enough of a word to describe the feeling. I think its because you have a plan in your head all week to do this or that on a model, and when you can't or don't sit down to do it, there is sometimes kind of a guilt or disappointment that you didn't do it. Even if the reason was because you were doing more important things...

I totally get it. I feel whatever that feeling is too sometimes. Still don't know if its guilt.

I have felt guilt after I spend time building and realize I could have spent that time with my kids or wife. Kids are older - grown, but you still feel that sometimes too. THAT is guilt :) The other I'm not sure, but its definitely something.

Feelin' it at the moment. Intended to get up and on the bench early, when it was too cold to work comfortably outside.

Got on here and blew most of the morning instead.

Now it's warming up, and I've got big-boy things that have to be done...now.

Bugger.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy