Model Cars Magazine Forum

Welcome to March!

You guys must be pretty spoiled if you're looking for an end to winter already! :) Most times it's late may before things start looking up here. Definitely not before mid April. Steve

For sure, here too. At least we're going to get a couple of days in a row above zero!

Steven, no way would I want to live in Minnesota.... You guys have about 3 good weeks of summer :lol: . A very good and old friend of mine lives in Duluth. I made the mistake of visiting him in January once about 30 years ago...... snow up the ying-yang. My younger brother lives in Laconia, NH up near your neck of the woods Bruce...... no picnic up there in winter time either.

Steven, no way would I want to live in Minnesota.... You guys have about 3 good weeks of summer :lol: . A very good and old friend of mine lives in Duluth. I made the mistake of visiting him in January once about 30 years ago...... snow up the ying-yang. My younger brother lives in Laconia, NH up near your neck of the woods Bruce...... no picnic up there in winter time either.

I'm not exactly sure why I live here. Some of the worst winter weather in the nation, summers full of humidity & mosquitoes, And one of the top five taxed states in the country. It's a regular paradise my friend! :huh: Steve

I'm in northern Ky ,,( for the time being ) . and the older I get the less I want to deal with cold weather

Going to be in southern AZ soon,,,,like within 5 years tops .

Plan is semi retirement ,,,,,,and already have a part time job waiting for me

You guys must be pretty spoiled if you're looking for an end to winter already! :) Most times it's late may before things start looking up here. Definitely not before mid April. Steve

Yeah .. same here in the Berkshires.

There's been a lot of cold and snow this year, but I haven't minded it like in the past 10 years. I believe it's because this has been a "real" winter .. like I remember from the '50 and '60's! It snowed the second tim ein December and the snow has not left the ground. The temps have stayed low .. we're all used to them now. and it hasn't rained since November!!!

A REAL winter!

oh ya .. the topic .. I paint year round in the basement ...

Edited by Foxer

I lived in Nebraska for 16 years. It snowed there a lot. We got 52", all in one storm. Summers were hot as heck. Now I live in SC, and it is no picnic here. Although we don't get much snow, thank goodness, we get plenty of cold weather. Just this week the highs will be 64,50,45,70, and then down in the 40's again. Regular yo-yo weather. Also I spent 9 years in Germany, and that is more like the weather where Steve is. I would rather live in Hawaii.