Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Kenworth Areodyne conventional due Aug. ..

I asked a guy from RM about it a few months ago and he said "maybe in a couple of years." I thought his answer was strange given that in a couple of years this current flood of reissues will probably be over. Apparently they have the same thinking. I welcome the Aerodynes and I bet they don't sit around unsold like the regular 1/16 Kenworths.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just had a look through the Stevens International website and in the Revell-Monogram product listing the 1/16th W900 Kenworth Aerodyne is listed as kit no.2508 with a TBA release date which could be anytime soon. Directly below that kit no.2510 is listed as a 1/16th Kenworth W 900 Wrecker Truck. Could this be a typo?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Don't worry.....http://www.plastic-models has them for around $65.....AND use the coupon code "o1a15" to get $15 off of that !! I snagged one the other day, and another on last week.....After about $8 shipping, came out to around $58.....Hobby Lobby would inflate the regular price to bring it to around there, anyway...... And that code has been good for years.....I use it EVERY time.....

I agree, these won't likely be at Hobby Lobby. The Petes and red KWs weren't on their shelves so there's no reason to think the Aerodynes would show up there.

That's kind of why I was asking, there weren't any Hobby Lobby stores around my house when the other two came out. Thanks for that information kilrathy10!

I asked a guy from RM about it a few months ago and he said "maybe in a couple of years." I thought his answer was strange given that in a couple of years this current flood of reissues will probably be over. Apparently they have the same thinking. I welcome the Aerodynes and I bet they don't sit around unsold like the regular 1/16 Kenworths.

Actually none of them were ever hot sellers. They go together well and are decent kits but are very simplified by 1/24,1/25th scale standards as they were aimed at the youth market. But there is tons of room for super detailing.