Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima Rocket Bunny 86 kit whats in the box review pg5

Delighted to see after months of speculation, and scant answers from Aoshima that these kits will indeed have the Scion decals and LHD parts to make the cars they showed in the original advertising. If these were from Revell I'd have to get a vintage Nascar-Gasser taxi hot rod version to get those parts.

Well, I know you are happy about the LHD, I did have you covered if they didnt,( now what to do with all the LHD bits I have)

What about the other million question, is it coming with the engine

Edited by martinfan5

Well, I know you are happy about the LHD, I did have you covered if they didnt,( now what to do with all the LHD bits I have)

What about the other million question, is it coming with the engine

I'd say no, aren't the engines tuned too? I'd think turbocharging out that new engine would have been mentioned at some point.

EDIT - Confirmed, this pair are curbsides, but allegedly some distributors will be carrying engine kits separately in the future.

Edited by niteowl7710

I'd say no, aren't the engines tuned too? I'd think turbocharging out that new engine would have been mentioned at some point.

EDIT - Confirmed, this pair are curbsides, but allegedly some distributors will be carrying engine kits separately in the future.

I seen that they responded to my question about the engines, I asked what dealers will have the engines

Some other Aoshima 86 kits have engines, don't they? As far as stock 86/BRZ kits, I have the Tamiya ones..not familiar w/ the Aoshima offerings.

Yeah Rob, Aoshima re released the 86/BRZ kits awhile back with engine parts, the first run of the 86/BRZ kits were curbside

Edited by martinfan5

As Jonathan mentions they were just reissued this summer. Those two kits have rather large pictures of the real engine on the box top and ends with "incl FA20 type engine" bordering the engine photo.

Rob, here is what the box art for the with engine looks like, the BRZ kit pretty much the same, just blue instead

IMG_0014_zps6d481474.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you didn't already pre-order this kit in the first days it was available, you're still not going to get one, but it has finally come into stock at your favorite reputable direct from Japan online retailer. I'm sure some will pop up on eBay at a premium, but the initial run of kits was already sold out before they ever got on the "shelves" at it were.

Edited by niteowl7710