Model Cars Magazine Forum

Using Pledge Floor Care Tile & Vinyl Floor Finish with Future Shine

m408

I've tried it and definitely don't like it. I tried it with an air brush once and never could get enough on for a decent shine. I brushed it which worked better,but I could see brush strokes in it. I had one success,but it later developed spider web cracks on the hood,top and trunk. It has it's uses. But a clear coat over a nice paint job is definitely not one of them. I would rather go back to Testors enamel clear than give future another try.

• 4 weeks later...

I am obviously doing something wrong. I cant get it glossy. Either brushing on or airbrushing. Have not tried dipping parts yet. I do have the proper product though. Ideas on what i am doing wrong?

put it on very thin , don't slather it on, also use a soft brush.

you can add coats if needed

I just got a new airbrush and want to use "Future" floor wax to clear coat.....I didn't think this would be such a big deal....except I can't find it in the stores. :wacko: So, my question is......Where can I get it???? and is the "Pledge" floor finish with "Future" the same thing.

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am a total noob, especially to the forum, but looked for the Pledge/Future Shine.

It appears that the Pledge that is carried at W*lmart has a new label, and does NOT have the "With Future" logo.

The label says "New Look, Same Product".

Is this the product I want to buy?

I'll never understand why SCJ decided to ax the Future name (and some others) that were well known and respected in their niche and instead stuff it all into one brand name that has never been identified with most of the products that now bear it's label. They've taken generations of brand identity and flushed it down the crapper in attempt to create a stronger brand identity!! Imagine if Pepsi did this with Mountain Dew, and started calling it Pepsi with Mountain Dew flavor, then Pepsi Dew, and then just Pepsi in a green can.

I *think* that is going to be the correct stuff though, it's the stuff I bought a few weeks ago anyway. I haven't used it yet but I'm getting close to that part of the project.

Edited by kalbert

• 2 weeks later...

Been reading up on Future. Did a search and found a lot of good info, but.... I just want to confirm that Future will work with the paint I'm using. I'm using Dupli-color auto primer and paint. Is this good with Future. Can I put the decals and BMF on first and then dip the body? That seems to be the easy way to go, and the hardest way to screw it up. One coat or two? Thanks.

Just went further in this thread and found the vidieo that answered all but the Dupli-color paint ? It sounds like brushing it on is almost fool proof.

Edited by Johnt671

Been reading up on Future. Did a search and found a lot of good info, but.... I just want to confirm that Future will work with the paint I'm using. I'm using Dupli-color auto primer and paint. Is this good with Future. Can I put the decals and BMF on first and then dip the body?

Yes. Future won't hurt anything, it's just clear acrylic.

• 2 weeks later...

I for the first time shot Future threw the A/B, very nice, I have in the past used the foam brush method, now I need to remove it for the first time, I got a little over zealous, and went for a second coat, and have runs everywhere, I think I need to lower the PSI some .

I have been trying all different sorts of clear coat options, and debating what I want to do, as much as I like the shine that 2k, or even 1k has, I dont want to deal with that stuff, I love Mr Hobby clear , but its hard to get here in the states

• 2 weeks later...