Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell snap Pete...Maggini #13 inspired. Maybe i got some motivation.

For the flamed interior panels, there is a guy on here builds these wild lower riders, there is one he is doingI think it's an egyption theme, but I asked him in there what he uses and he posted. It's a type of cheap thin foam you can get at the craft store that you can emboss. It does a great job on interior panels.

I started cuttin on the interior tub. I definitely have some work to do here. The same with the door panels. I'm gonna end up scratch building the door panels and putting the flames on them one way or another. At least I can use these as a template.

20150509_214509-1_zpsi3uqycxb.jpg

20150509_214524-1_zpsheaqkoce.jpg

Here's a mock up of how the seats are gonna be. They just how I want them, on the floor.

20150509_215539-1_zpspbwefmi8.jpg

Edited by Petetrucker07

I took advantage of the sunny, windless day. Using Pat's, (landman), method of plastic spoons for paint samples, to figure out the yellow. I used 6 different base colors/primers, and the 4 shades of yellow I have, I got some great results.

20150510_081405-1_zpssvdf24w7.jpg

It seems that base colors don't really matter to much, but, I found the Tamiya Chrome Yellow is real close to CAT yellow, Tamiya TS-16 and Krylon sun yellow are just about perfect and Duplicolor Daytona yellow is too light. I played with base colors for the green. Found that base coats really change this color.

Since deciding on Krylon Sun Yellow, I resprayed the engine and then sprayed Tamiya Pearl clear over it, just like the 1:1.

20150510_081445-1_zps1qnf51vj.jpg

Edited by Petetrucker07