Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 3-window coupe ,flathead v8 , " scalp't " , painted metallic copper

crazyrichard

you could make some trips of styrene along the upper line of the door , curving to the back and make like a canvas roof that could be rolled up and down ?

make like some cross members in between for strenght ??

but i know what you mean about the thickness , you would not believe how thick the roof on mine was on the rounded shapes of the roof , at one point i thought what did i got myself into

your doorwith / thickess does look thicker then mine though

Really enjoyed watching this build. It reminds me of the way that those of us that build 1:1 cars and don't have all the fancy equipment such as lathes and mills would do it. One thing that I really liked was that, even though you are working with a plastic model, the building style would have been period correct for a 1:1 car. This is what true hot rodding is all about. Very nice.

I have to add that I find it ironic that, even though you live in another country, your english is STILL better and easier to understand than about 40% of our population. LOL!

whow thnx ..

well tbh i never have been around real hotrods much , really sad but true.
i'm turning 38 this year and just one year ago i saw a perioud correct hotrod for the first time on a show in belgium..
there are shows here and i'm planning to visit some this year ...

so on my models i'm just doing something i feel is right , i'm not a real hotrod expert in any way , so when you say it makes you think of the 1:1 back in the ...
that makes me smile , doing something right i guess :)

i believe its like when you really have a passion for something and you really look into it you can self teach and become self -made
also and i keep saying this i learned a lot in the short perioud i have been here by seeing others at work , just proves how inspiring good build threads with good pictures can be :)

and about the english > back in the day @ school i always got a 9 or 10 for english and never learned for exams :)
it also helps that i have been on english based forums for a few years..

maybe sometimes my sentences are a bit weird and on some things i dont know the right word but i can manage i guess :lol:

anyway thnx for the kind words