Model Cars Magazine Forum

'99 Silverado Regular Cab Short Box! WIP! 09/16/2012 update

The truck arms, yes I know ;) , but they didnt use a NASCAR style chassis at the rear :lol:

the back half is 80's monte SS good eye! should come out good, I "might" graft in the front suspension we'll see how it goes...

i need a single cab but im afraid to try it this early in the game

send me a body, I'll cut it up for ya

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is really coming along, love it all slammed down and I'm really liking those rims in the last photo.thats a pretty big bag of rims you got there, you must have a lot of dub cars/trucks sitting on your shelf with no wheels...lol. Keep it going

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

BRING IT BACK!!!! Lol sorry i found this a few days ago and was very impressed with your work and you w.i.p very very informative and helpful..so much so that you inspired me. I had the same 99chevy kit put away cuz ibhad stalled on it and was not entirly happy with the ext cab so i dug her out and after a few hours of going over ur pics i attenpted it heres my results

IMG_20130406_110331_zps45d1dbdc.jpg

Im pretty happy now! Everything lined up good and i got the frame cut just need to figure out my back half situation! Lol i had wanted to use these wheels before butbthe long cab made em looky goofy much better now and i have you to thank!!!!

Ps wheels are from the snap tite h2 kit from revell