Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 A.J.Foyt Dodge

MarkJ

Foyt won the 64 Daytona Firecracker 400 in the car that this model replicates (sort of). Johan kit , Tamiya paint, lots of scratchbuilt stuff, homemade decals and PPP wheels and tires.

Fixed some photobucket links posted this originally in 2011

64aj7.jpg

64aj10.jpg

64aj9.jpg

Edited by MarkJ

Great job on it! This might be the best model you've done, I think. It's so great looking! Paintjob is nice, and engine looks really realistic. Wheels and tires are nice too. Chassis is nice, there's nothing wrong with it. This one was really nice to follow, keep these coming, great to see some Old NASCARS too, not only the new ones.

• 4 weeks later...

Slim, I do not think you would like my decals. They are ink jet printed on testors white paper. you have to cut them out exactly on their edge and then touch up the edge of the decal or a white border will appear around the decal. I wish some one would come up with a printer other than alps that would print with white ink. I could then print on clear paper and feel good about selling my decals.

Very nice build. One of the few times AJ drove a Dodge. Did you know Junior Johnson also drove a Dodge for part or maybe all of 1964 for Ray Nicholls too?

Actually Junior drove the Ray Fox #3 Dodge early in the season before he switched to the #27 Ford in 1964.