Model Cars Magazine Forum

The secret is out!...I'm BATMAN!

For all you guys local to the Parkersburg W.Va./Marrietta Ohio area, This October 19th I will be appearing at a local charity event for the Make-A-Wish foundation. I will be appearing with the 1966 Batmobile. I hope everyone nearby who can afford the trip can come by and help us make this benefit a success for Make-A-Wish. Feel free to ask any questions, here's our flier...

IMG_0001-Copy2_zps71fc59de.jpg

The only caveat is, we haven't been able to lock down a searchlight yet so there may not be one. We've also added a local General Lee replica and possibly Roscoe's cruiser.

Edited by MAGNUM4342

Which Batman are you going as? Clooney or Kilmer?

I will be the Adam West Batman. One of the guys in the shop will be Robin and another will be the Kilmer. The '89 Batmobile is a screen used car while the '66 is a replica. the owner said his daughter will be Catwoman. (And trust me...I've already gone over all the possible outcomes and I just ain't goin there!) :unsure:

I'll be giving a brief talk about the history of the cars and answering questions. I'll have my Bat-camera on hand to get pictures of some of the local hot cars for the 1:1 reference section, and I'll most likely be involved in the door prize drawings. Adam was right when he said "Putting on that costume is half putting on the character". Bottom line, I just can't wait to make the kids smile. :)

I do understand not a lot of you are near enough to make the trip but thank's for the well wishes. If I get through the event with my cape intact, I'll consider it a success! :P

Edited by MAGNUM4342