Model Cars Magazine Forum

Waverider S10

crazyjim

This is the Waverider S10 I got from Lyn. Mostly OTB but I slid a small block Chevy engine in there that came from a Parts Pack. The exhaust is that wire art stuff - lighter than solder but hard to bend.

100_1233.jpg

100_1234.jpg

100_1235.jpg

100_1236.jpg

Looks good, I have a Glue bomb Waverider I'd like to rebuild. One day :lol:

Hey Justin - I think I'm going to start putting the Vietnam ribbon colors on every model I build from now on. My involvement with Vietnam Veterans goes back to 1970 when I came back as one. Next weekend we're bringing The Wall to Ocala, FL and we're going to celebrate being Veterans, we're going remember our fallen heroes, we won't forget our POW/MIAs, going to recognize the families of Veterans and we're certainly going to thank those who are serving now.

Brandon - the color is Testor's lime green out of the rattle can, Tamiya clear, and Model Car Wax.

Thanks Lyn. Look at the first pic - the Chevy Bowtie in the center of the grille is painted like the Vietnam Service Ribbon.

The Wall won't be here until Thursday but I spent the day try ing to get ready. Built and painted a Field Cross complete with and M-16 replica, boots and helmet. Have to pick up copies of 3000 flyers in the morning andd cut down 50 pieces of electrical conduit for flagpoles.

How was the hobby show today?

Thanks Lyn. Look at the first pic - the Chevy Bowtie in the center of the grille is painted like the Vietnam Service Ribbon.

The Wall won't be here until Thursday but I spent the day try ing to get ready. Built and painted a Field Cross complete with and M-16 replica, boots and helmet. Have to pick up copies of 3000 flyers in the morning andd cut down 50 pieces of electrical conduit for flagpoles.

How was the hobby show today?

well I would have had enough time to make all of those flag poles for you at the show today lol.. I did meet another MCM guy though he came up yesterday and today Wayne. Was very interesting listening to him and his buddy talking models and I was of course thankful for the advice they had to offer..

I want to see pictures of the wall, if you don't post them on here please send them to me. I'll send you an email in a few days check'n on ya. I saw the other models you did also beautiful :)

Hey Justin - I think I'm going to start putting the Vietnam ribbon colors on every model I build from now on. My involvement with Vietnam Veterans goes back to 1970 when I came back as one. Next weekend we're bringing The Wall to Ocala, FL and we're going to celebrate being Veterans, we're going remember our fallen heroes, we won't forget our POW/MIAs, going to recognize the families of Veterans and we're certainly going to thank those who are serving now.

Brandon - the color is Testor's lime green out of the rattle can, Tamiya clear, and Model Car Wax.

As a Vet myself I hope you get to enjoy the wall. It has been a long time since I have seen it. My father how also chewed the same dirty as you in Vietnam took me when I was a private in the Marines to visit the wall and it was a honor to stand next to it. Someday I hope to see the original in Washington D.C.

Cpl. Justin Tisdale

USMC

Jim, terrific build. I built the Waverider kit back in high school (as many did by the sounds of it :lol: ). I bet my folks probably still have it in one of those boxes full of my old junk they refuse to pitch out after I moved out. Maybe it's not too late to salvage. Thanks for the post!