Model Cars Magazine Forum

On my workbench as of late

You guessed it, Peterbilts! Finished trucks? Nope. Parts, pieces, cab panels, hoods, sleepers, bumpers, frame rails, etc. All for future projects.

Here are a few:

Door Changes to a Revell of Germany PB 377 to make an '06-07 cab

06doorchanges.JPG

Sleeper cabs!

P1010159.JPG

48 flat top from a Revell 63", 48" raised roof (HQB) from a Revell 377 63",

70" from an Italeri 377 bunk. I'll further modify the bunks for the UniBilt sleeper opening. Some additional sanding and scribing of panel seams still need to be done.

bunksrear.JPG

Hoods!

379hoods.JPG

These hoods (6 of them) are Italeri 378 hoods that have been reworked to be 379 short hoods. I cut off the top of each hood, removed a triangle shaped sliver from the sides, reattached the top (thus removing most of the slope from the hood), then scribed in the panel seam, and sanded the top of the hood to remove some of the "balloonness" that the 378 hood top has.

Up on the rooftop

ultraroof.JPG

I made 6 of these roofs. Basic 377 or 378 kit roofs that have been raised and reshaped for the Peterbilt Ultracab roof. All six still need the sleeper opening cut into the rear.

Lots of little projects are out of the way!

I got to thinking, instead of making one part each time I build a specific Peterbilt, and having to dig up the reference material each time, why not build multiple versions of the part at once, while the idea is fresh in my mind? The idea worked! I also managed to catch a few errors along the way and correct them on all the pieces at once (okay, an engineer at PB pointed out the errors!).

Now all I have to do is paint the bodies, assemble the frames and build the trucks!

Thanks for looking. Now if I could just get that darned spot out of the inside of my digital camera lense...

Tim