Model Cars Magazine Forum

Super Gas Cobra.....Complete, 11/24/2012

1320wayne

Just a bit more. More sanding done on the body with a first coat of primer to see where I am at with the bodywork. I pulled a windscreen from the parts box to see how it would fit. And a shot of where I am at with the chassis construction. Like I said before, the chassis will be a parts box build all in it's own with all of the different parts that I'm combining together.

DSC01865-vi.jpg

DSC01866-vi.jpg

DSC01867-vi.jpg

Edited by 1320wayne

Thanks for all of the comments guys. A little more done today. Got a good bit more completed on the chassis. Not much in the way of reference to find for roadster style chassis so I'm pretty much winging it. I've got it to the point that the driver rollcage hoop is attached and at the perfect height. A few more cross braces to add and the chassis will be ready for some paint. I also added some more filler to fix any small defects in the bodywork. I also decided on using the engine setup from the Revell Jukebox Ford kit. I've got it mocked up to see how it will fit. When it's complete it will be topped off with a single four barrel carb.

Moving right along.

DSC01868-vi.jpg

DSC01869-vi.jpg

DSC01870-vi.jpg

DSC01871-vi.jpg

DSC01872-vi.jpg

Another mockup with a few added small changes. The front suspension has been setup with the right ride height. I also decided to go with a pair of Comp. resins wrinkle wall slicks. The wheels are Convos Pros painted black. I am also still racking my brain as to which way to go with the paint scheme.

DSC01880-vi.jpg

DSC01881-vi.jpg

DSC01882-vi.jpg

DSC01883-vi.jpg

DSC01884-vi.jpg