Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can it be done??Ask my daughter!!

Smart-Resins

This morning my seven year old daughter received her second model from me.(Third in all) Last year she got a snap tight PT cruiser at a hobby show and won a ribbon for one being the first to get one done and of course getting it done.So for Christmas I gave her a 55 nomad wagon that we are working on--big time custom pro-street.Well just taking too long and too involved.So to keep her interested in the hobby, decided to get her something fairly easy.So today for Easter she recieved the RM Kustom chopper the Gambler.Now can it be done, first get a model done in one day and second to build it box stock.Answere to the first yes unless there arises a problem.Second.........NO!! The bike is done with exception to the pipes.There was too mush flashing and cleaned poorly from the trees so we stripped them and re-chromed them.In order to not leave tell tale finger prints we will wait a day or two before attaching them.Could not keep box stock though!!Had to sand the lines out of the seat and sand the designs out of the chain gaurd.She also added a 1/8 scale carb air cleaner for the bikes air filter.I of course had to help her ALOT but she did a whole lot herself.We held the paint cans together and sprayed it so she can still say that she basically did it.I had to do all of the hard parts, but she had fun.I cant really say enough.I will let the pictures do the talking!!I will update photo once the pipes have found thier home.

100_0891.jpg

100_0890.jpg

100_0889.jpg

100_0896.jpg

100_0893.jpg

100_0892.jpg

100_0888.jpg

100_0887.jpg

Enjoy it! As daughters grow, they get less interested. But its always fun to build with them.

My daughter is 14 today, and is getting one of my Batmobiles for her b-day. I enjoy building with her, so I can break into my stash for something she likes (now I have to find another on eBay!)

Actually the white walls are decals created by a friend of mine on LargeScaleModeler forum, Rick or Rgondeck better known as.I think it was like $11 or $14 for a full sheat of decals.I got a slew of gauges, some flames a bunch of plates, a couple sets of white walls and some lettering all on one sheet.It was a great deal.I have another set of white walls to use on one of my upcoming builds.Cant wait to use them!!

This morning my seven year old daughter received her second model from me.(Third in all) Last year she got a snap tight PT cruiser at a hobby show and won a ribbon for one being the first to get one done and of course getting it done.So for Christmas I gave her a 55 nomad wagon that we are working on--big time custom pro-street.Well just taking too long and too involved.So to keep her interested in the hobby, decided to get her something fairly easy.So today for Easter she recieved the RM Kustom chopper the Gambler.Now can it be done, first get a model done in one day and second to build it box stock.Answere to the first yes unless there arises a problem.Second.........NO!! The bike is done with exception to the pipes.There was too mush flashing and cleaned poorly from the trees so we stripped them and re-chromed them.In order to not leave tell tale finger prints we will wait a day or two before attaching them.Could not keep box stock though!!Had to sand the lines out of the seat and sand the designs out of the chain gaurd.She also added a 1/8 scale carb air cleaner for the bikes air filter.I of course had to help her ALOT but she did a whole lot herself.We held the paint cans together and sprayed it so she can still say that she basically did it.I had to do all of the hard parts, but she had fun.I cant really say enough.I will let the pictures do the talking!!I will update photo once the pipes have found thier home.

100_0891.jpg

100_0890.jpg

100_0889.jpg

100_0896.jpg

100_0893.jpg

100_0892.jpg

100_0888.jpg

100_0887.jpg

awsome!! just awsome!!my daughter will be 2yrs old 6-9-07 . she loves cars and hopefully one day i can experiance the same as you.

let your daughter know that i think her chopper has been the best looking rendition of those revelle choppers i have seen.