Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Lotus 72D Reine Wisell Watkins Glen -72

Hi

This is the Tamiya kit and I did choose a little different version of Wisells car.

In the last race of the season the car had #12 and that was the only time it had that race number,

the rollbar was painted black. Also a little extension on the front part of the window.

There was also some extensions on the rearwing sideplates.

I have used some etched rivets, braided lines with hoseconnectors, hosebands, and some other hoses and wires,

The valves on the rims are adjustable :-) Nice stuff I think.

I used lead wires for some of the detailing on the back of the dash, on the front I used aftermarket switches.

Colour and clear is made by Tamiya spraycans.

This car is one of my favourite F1 cars from that era, I´m planning to do two more versions in the furure.

See you

Thomas

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Where are the decals from?

They look great!

None of the shadows or outlines I usually see.

I love the valve stems, nice touch, and the wheel weights.

Now you are getting me even more inspired to build those 1/12 kits I just got...

Hi Gregg

Thanks ! Infact there are four different brands of decals, I used the Tamiya original decals without the JPS logos, they come from Indycals.

Unfortunatly they were scratched a little, so I had to do a some touchups there.

The #12 decals is from an ACE decal sheet, the glue was nearly gone so it was difficult to make them stick to the surface.

And last I had to remake the frontwings, the Tamiya decals wrinkled to much after I used the setting solution!.

So the JPS logos on them is from Tabu. All this means that the color match is long from perfect.

Thomas

• 2 months later...

Can I please ask what size braided hose and fittings you used on the rear, im currently building a 1/12 m23 and cant find anything big enough

Cheers

Hi

The braided line is 1,5 or 1,6 mm by Tuner model manufactory ( T2M) , I bought them from hiroboy.com . Some of the prepainted fittings

are from" modelers" in scale 1/12, I belive they don´t make them anymore.

And thank´s all of you for the nice comments :-)

Thomas