Model Cars Magazine Forum

41 Willys Street Rod

62SS

I had this one in my stash and after seeing the one Evilone built, I decided to move it to the front of the project list. I haven't built a street rod in years so its about time. It will be painted Testors one coat Inca Gold lacquer. First time using this paint, Any advice?

DSC01035.jpg

I opened the trunk(Another first) Still have to do the inner lip.

DSC01038.jpg

Chassis is almost done , Suspension is done, Still have a lot to do on the engine. Its on hold till I go to the LHS to get a pre-wired Distributor.

DSC01039.jpg

Interior is done. Just paint, Flocking, And BMF.

DSC01042.jpgDSC01045.jpg

Thats all for now. I'll post more progress when it happens.

Thanks for looking and comments welcome.

Ed :D

:blink: ED! PRE-wired? Man you so talented you could MAKE you a distributor! or better yet, jus cheat an make a magneto! A peice a spru with 4 holes drilled thru it an Viola! A magneto! Cumon Ed you can do it, an WE won't hafta wait for you to go to the LHS to keep goin! Looks good so far! :blink:

I like what your doing,but why don't you try closing the scoop hole ,and building it more like on the daily driver route! And i've tried this ,but didn't turn out quite like I wanted is closing up the rear wheel openings ,so the lip or edge of opening is in line with the lug nuts or hub !!!!! I tried 66 gto rear fender attached to rear fender of the willys, (when I did it ,it's to wide (ugly ) But that was what I tried!

Why don't you try this, I tried but it would be cool to see if you could do this, Working on the rear fenders why don't you add an additional rear fender to bring out the width,and also the rear fender lip should try to be inline with the hub of the axle, or lug nut area. Your making it look like a more stock fender with big tires in back. I tried a 66 gto rear fender and it looks bad :lol: too wide ,but I like oval opening of the rear fender. I also was gonna suggest ,closing the hood opening, so it's more daily driver look, as for the blower thats up to you!!!!!!! Maybe header outletcovers, and exhaust also routed under the chassis. (Just like cut outs)

Got some paint on this yesterday. Testors one coat Inca Gold. I love this paint, Went on smooth, Dried fast, Looks good.

Still need clear and polish, Finish the engine, and final assembly.

Hope to have it "Under Glass" by next weekend.

Thanks for looking,

Ed

DSC01169.jpg

DSC01172.jpgDSC01175.jpg